Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8059)

83-Steelers-43 06-19-2006 06:17 PM

Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty.

Steeler Santonio Holmes charged with domestic violence, released from custody
Monday, June 19, 2006

By Shelley Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers 2006 first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes was released on a $3,500 recognizance bond this afternoon in Columbus after he was arrested late last night on charges of domestic violence and an outstanding warrant for a minor traffic violation.

He entered a plea of not guilty.

According to two Columbus police spokesmen, Holmes, 22, was arrested at an apartment just after midnight after Columbus police responded to a call from a woman who is the mother of Holmes' youngest child, Shaniya, 4 months.

After talking with the woman, who has not been identified, police arrested Holmes, who had returned to the apartment while police were taking a report. Holmes was described as cooperative.

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident.

The former Ohio State receiver originally was to be arraigned tommorrow morning, but that was moved up at the request of Shamansky and the sheriff's department. Holmes appeared in prison khakis and handcuffs before Judge Anne Taylor.

According to Shamansky, the alleged victim was present at the arraignment and requested that Holmes be released.

"I think that it's upsetting, but he's doing just fine," Shamansky said of Holmes. "He takes the matter very seriously and looks forward to putting the whole thing behind him."

It was Holmes' second arrest since being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. He was arrested in South Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers Coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

"Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly," Cowher said then. "I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

tony hipchest 06-19-2006 06:23 PM

Re: Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty.

dont domestic violence usually contain violence???

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident."

Atlanta Dan 06-19-2006 06:29 PM

Ummmm... "Nobody's injured" and the woman showing up to say the perp should be released is fairly typical DV after the inicident behavior - just because no bones were broken and there are no bruises (aka "nobody's injured") is not a denial Holmes slapped her around or threw her into a wall.

This woman is not going to derail her gravy train by pushing this now that she has calmed down and spoken with those who have reminded her there are good $$ in letting bygones be bygones.

Holmes screwed up (again) - it needs to stop and stop now

83-Steelers-43 06-19-2006 06:34 PM

I'm sitting here and watching FSN (Stan Savern on Sports Beat) and they are reporting that the police statement stated that he choked her, grabbed her by her arms and threw her through a door causing bruising on the arms. :huh:

CantStop85 06-19-2006 06:34 PM

When you have that many baby mommas, something's gonna happen eventually.

CowherLover 06-19-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Ummmm... "Nobody's injured" and the woman showing up to say the perp should be released is fairly typical DV after the inicident behavior - just because no bones were broken and there are no bruises (aka "nobody's injured") is not a denial Holmes slapped her around or threw her into a wall.

This woman is not going to derail her gravy train by pushing this now that she has calmed down and spoken with those who have reminded her there are good $$ in letting bygones be bygones.

You summed that up perfectly!

Black@Gold Forever32 06-19-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I'm sitting here and watching FSN (Stan Savern on Sports Beat) and they are reporting that the police statement stated that he choked her, grabbed her by her arms and threw her through a door causing bruising on the arms. :huh:

I was watching Sports Beat also and seen that. Who knows what really took place. But all I know Holmes seems like he is spending less time working out and studing his play book. I hope Holmes gets his act togehter quick.

SteelerFanInCA 06-19-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I was watching Sports Beat also and seen that. Who knows what really took place. But all I know Holmes seems like he is spending less time working out and studing his play book. I hope Holmes gets his act togehter quick.

I have to agree with that. Since Holmes is a little behind he should be spending more time trying to stay up to speed.

tony hipchest 06-19-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan

absolutely correct. my fiancee works DV cases for the d.a.'s office so i hear of these types of cases every day.

the question is if ohio allows the accuser to drop charges or if , like new mexico, once a police report is filed, its up to the state to file the charges, taking it out of a wishy washy victims hands.

regardless, it does need to stop. i dont know too much about willie reid, but im thinking he will be the one with the fire and hunger that makes ward wanna take him under his wing and show him the path he followed to becomming a sb mvp.

3 to be 4 06-19-2006 07:30 PM

i want everyone to know i had nothing to do with posting this thread.