Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Week 14 Picks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=80798)

BossAus 12-06-2011 09:11 PM

Week 14 Picks

NFL Predictions: Week 14
Cumulative Record: (43-30)

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers- Winner: Steelers

The Steelers put together their most complete victory of the season against the Bengals last week. Although they have a short week to work with, it is against the struggling Browns at Heinz Field. The Browns gave up 270 rushing yards against the Ravens last week. The balanced Steelers offense will pick apart the defense and keep the Steelers rolling.

Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals- Winner: Bengals

The Texans surprised most with a win against the Falcons last week. The defense played well, although I donít expect Andy Dalton to play as poorly as Matt Ryan did. Matt Ryan missed several wide open receivers, two of which could have gone in for touchdowns. It was not all Ryanís fault however. Dropped passes plagued the offense. The Bengals are coming off their worst loss of the season, and will be looking to bounce back. I see the Bengals playing with renewed purpose, as this game is a must win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions- Winner: Lions

The Lions were dismantled by the Saints offense as well as by penalties last week. In a game to keep them in the wild card chase, they need to beat the lowly Vikings, who may be without Adrian Peterson.

New Orleans Saints at Tennessee Titans- Winner: Saints

The Saints have been on a roll lately, and it is hard to believe the Titans will stop it. At this point, the Saints seem like the one of the few teams capable of beating the Packers. Despite Chris Johnsonís late surge, the Saints will win this one comfortably.

Philadelphia Eagles at Miami Dolphins- Winner: Dolphins

I canít bring myself to pick for the Eagles anymore. Despite obvious talent, they are playing very uninspired football. The Dolphins, meanwhile, have looked much improved over the last few weeks.

Kansas City Chiefs at New York Jets- Winner: Jets

The Jets have brought themselves back into the thick of the wild card picture. The Kansas City Chiefs pulled off a surprising win against a team without its starting quarterback or running back. The Jets will knock the Chiefs down a peg.

New England Patriots at Washington Redskins- Winner: Patriots

This game has the possibility of being a close one. The Patriots have allowed lesser teams to hang with them at the beginning of the game (see: Chiefs, Colts). They allowed the Colts to come back within one touchdown after being down 24 points at the end of the game. If the Redskins hang around with the Pats, this could be an upset.

Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers- Winner: Falcons

The Falcons offense looked awful against the Texans last week. The Panthers defense is much softer, and the Falcons need a win to keep themselves in the playoffs. Cam Newton is playing good football, but the Falcons defense is much better than the Panthers.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Jacksonville Jaguars- Winner: Buccaneers

The Jaguars are what people expected them to be, but the Bucs have been disappointing compared to what they were last year. This game will be an ugly one.

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens- Winner: Ravens

This game should be an absolute blowout. The Ravens defense will suffocate the Colts offense, and Ray Rice should find the Colts defense even easier to run through than the Browns.

Chicago Bears at Denver Broncos- Winner: Broncos

Without Forte or Cutler, what chance do the Bears have against the mighty Tebows? This game will likely be very low scoring, with a classic Tebow 4th quarter drive sealing the game.

San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals- Winner: 49ers

I havenít been sold with the Niners offense yet. Their defense is strong, but may be without Patrick Willis. This game is a toss-up for me, but Iíll take San Franís defense in this one.

Oakland Raiders at Green Bay Packers- Winner: Packers

Until the Packers prove me otherwise, I canít pick against them. Despite a close one against the Giants, Aaron Rodgers drove 72 yards for the game winning field goal.

Buffalo Bills at San Diego Chargers- Winner: Chargers

The Chargers looked like the ones we expected at the beginning of the season when they played the Jaguars. If they play at anywhere near that level against the slipping Bills, theyíll get another win.

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys- Winner: Giants

The Giants lost a close one to the powerful Packers, while the Cowboys threw the game away with poor clock management and coaching decisions against the Cardinals. I believe the Giants defense comes through strong against the Boys and Bradshaw gets back on track.

St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks- Winner: Seahawks

Great game to have during finals week, because Iím not going to feel bad about missing it. The Seahawks have done very well running the ball, and that will be enough to beat the Rams in Seattle.

To see other NFL news and mock drafts, check out my blog at www.bossausdrafts.wordpress.com

Merchant 12-08-2011 12:30 PM

Re: Week 14 Picks

Hopefully Dan Orlovsky has the game of his frickin life and somehow upsets the Ravens. I don't see it happening tho.

Fire Arians 12-09-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merchant (Post 967422)
Hopefully Dan Orlovsky has the game of his frickin life and somehow upsets the Ravens. I don't see it happening tho.

he's better than curtis the painter :thumbsup:

BossAus 12-09-2011 07:37 PM

Hopefully they have another colossal choke against the Colts like they're known to. I do like the Chargers chance of beating them next week though.

Fire Arians 12-11-2011 02:08 PM

washington playing the pats pretty tough. patriots defense is swiss cheese, i don't think they're championship caliber despite their record.

Fire Arians 12-11-2011 02:25 PM

cincy's whooping houston. predicted that bengals would win but i didn't think it'd be this 1 sided so far.

i'll just say now cam newton is a lock for rookie of the year, without a doubt.

Fire Arians 12-11-2011 04:09 PM

well that one turned around. new england also wins. we get no help this week again

MACH1 12-11-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 969222)
cincy's whooping houston. predicted that bengals would win but i didn't think it'd be this 1 sided so far.

i'll just say now cam newton is a lock for rookie of the year, without a doubt.

The bungals pulled a bungal and lost. :toofunny:

Sixburgher 12-11-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 969237)
we get no help this week again

Got plenty of help today. Bengals and Titans lost. The Raiders have all but lost. If the Bears hold on to win against Denver, the Steelers will clinch at least a wild card spot.

Fire Arians 12-11-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixburgher (Post 969266)
Got plenty of help today. Bengals and Titans lost. The Raiders have all but lost. If the Bears hold on to win against Denver, the Steelers will clinch at least a wild card spot.

true, i was looking more for the top seeds to lose. im confident that even if those above teams won, we would still lock up a #5 with no problem

bears should win easy. tebowmania is a myth, what people overlooked is it was more like easyschedulemania