Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8090)

WorstTrollEver 06-20-2006 06:14 PM

Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Winning back to back Super Bowls is extremely difficult. It took every ounce of energy for New England to beat Carolina and Philadelphia for the Championship. So why is Pittsburgh making it more difficult for themselves to repeat?

First Santurdio is arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

Then Big Ben crashes his bike while riding without a license and helmet.

and then Santurdio is arrested again for domestic assault.

You never saw the great New England Patriots making such huge mistakes in their quest to repeat.

Your Steelers are becoming an embarassment. What the hell is going on down by the river?

BB2W 06-20-2006 06:22 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
They like a challenge... last year was to easy. :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32 06-20-2006 06:24 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Sorry, we are not perfect and holy like your New England Patriots. Sure Ben made a bonehead move in riding that motorcycle without a helmet and license. But he won't miss any game time. He should be back just fine. I don't know whats going on with Santonio Holmes. This is not a good way to start in your NFL career. But he still can rebound and turn himself into a model citizen and very good football player.

The Steelers have had an interesting offseason but are hardly an embarassment that you suggest.

Suitanim 06-20-2006 06:26 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
I knew the worst troll ever (ICH). I was friends with the worst troll ever.

You, sir, are NOT the worst troll ever.

tony hipchest 06-20-2006 06:31 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorstTrollEver
Winning back to back Super Bowls is extremely difficult. It took every ounce of energy for New England to beat Carolina and Philadelphia for the Championship. So why is Pittsburgh making it more difficult for themselves to repeat?

?

dont forget, it took every ounce for the pats to beat the rams too. steelers screwed up countless times in the sb and still won by 11 points while holding a top offense to 10 points.

simple answer is they have room for error and growth.

sure ben has had some plastic surgery in the offseason, but didnt brady have a facelift and a tummy tuck after his 1st bowl?

sure the steelers may have reached for the #1 wr in the draft, but didnt the patriots reach for david terrell and chad brown for last season?

a sb repeat is difficult. but thats why ONLY the steelers have done it twice.

bens thumb is healed, his knees have healed, he was at the complex today, he will be stronger, healthier, more experienced and mature than ever.

i dont think that hurts.

if youre gonna worry about holmes, you might as well worry about el and plaxico being gone too.

tony hipchest 06-20-2006 06:34 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I was friends with the worst troll ever.

*gasp*!!!!!!

i still think he shoulda made a return to this board after we won it all. troll in the truest sense of the word. he kinda wore on me and his stuff at that novogate board was pretty funny. and he did talk football.

Suitanim 06-20-2006 06:45 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
*gasp*!!!!!!

i still think he shoulda made a return to this board after we won it all. troll in the truest sense of the word. he kinda wore on me and his stuff at that novogate board was pretty funny. and he did talk football.

He did what most won't or can't. He came back and admitted he'd been bested and apologized. That was back when my head was more in the smack game, though...

tony hipchest 06-20-2006 06:54 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
He did what most won't or can't. He came back and admitted he'd been bested and apologized. That was back when my head was more in the smack game, though...

oops. meant to say he kinda grew on me.

other than hopping on the colts bandwaggon he did stay true to his philosophy of liking the old school style of football. i really though he would linger but was just like a fart in the wind.

:tombstone: post in peace I.C.H. :sofunny:

Suitanim 06-20-2006 07:03 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
oops. meant to say he kinda grew on me.

other than hopping on the colts bandwaggon he did stay true to his philosophy of liking the old school style of football. i really though he would linger but was just like a fart in the wind.

:tombstone: post in peace I.C.H. :sofunny:

Unlike another resident poster with some mental "concerns" (Hey, I'll be nice and euphemize a bit), ICH recognized his own deficiencies, and admittedly was on meds for his troubles. When he stabilized, he apologized and moved on. You HAVE to give a guy credit for seeing his faults when they are pointed out to him in a clear, linear, and logical fashion, with accompanying threads to back up the claims for all to see.

Unfortunately, not all crazy ****ers get the help they need.

tony hipchest 06-20-2006 07:11 PM

Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Unlike another resident poster with some mental "concerns" (Hey, I'll be nice and euphemize a bit), ICH recognized his own deficiencies, and admittedly was on meds for his troubles. When he stabilized, he apologized and moved on. You HAVE to give a guy credit for seeing his faults when they are pointed out to him in a clear, linear, and logical fashion, with accompanying threads to back up the claims for all to see.

Unfortunately, not all crazy ****ers get the help they need.

lol. classic!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum