Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pouncey and Ben expect to play Monday (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81120)

Fire Arians 12-12-2011 01:49 PM

Pouncey and Ben expect to play Monday

For what it's worth, both seem optimistic about playing monday night.

Thank god it seems Pouncey's injury isn't nearly as severe as the one that took him out of the super bowl.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12...g-boot-monday/

casteeler 12-12-2011 01:53 PM

Re: Pouncey and Ben expect to play Monday

Woohoo!

steelfury02 12-12-2011 01:55 PM

Woodley has made the same comments only to not come back, or come back too soon

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Go ahead, throw tomatoes

Fire Arians 12-12-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 969526)
Woodley has made the same comments only to not come back, or come back too soon

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Go ahead, throw tomatoes

i think he could have come back sooner, but the team isn't as quick to rush him in, because worilds has been playing good in his place.

same with emmanuel sanders, them holding him out of games is more a precaution than anything.

PhantomJB93 12-12-2011 02:30 PM

IDK, I think Id rather see Pouncey rest. Ben we know can tough it out. But I think Id rather see Pouncey try to heal up first.

Rotorhead 12-12-2011 02:56 PM

If the ratbirds win sunday, rest Pouncey, if they lose all those precautionary hold outs better be in.

Steelersfan87 12-12-2011 03:44 PM

If Pouncey doesn't need the rest, he should play. I'd rather he rest up against the Rams and Browns than one of the best defenses in the league.

FanSince72 12-12-2011 03:50 PM

I believe that Ben will play, but Pouncey?

I'm not so sure.

A high ankle sprain is not something that clears up in a week - especially for a center.
I'd like to see him ready to go but I'd rather have a healthy Legursky (and deal with the Kemo issues) than to have a so-so Pouncey.

Fire Arians 12-12-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince72 (Post 969570)
I believe that Ben will play, but Pouncey?

I'm not so sure.

A high ankle sprain is not something that clears up in a week - especially for a center.
I'd like to see him ready to go but I'd rather have a healthy Legursky (and deal with the Kemo issues) than to have a so-so Pouncey.

we won't have to deal with kemo issues, dulac reported that kemo once again got demoted. essex will start at guard if legursky is starting at center

FanSince72 12-12-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 969573)
we won't have to deal with kemo issues, dulac reported that kemo once again got demoted. essex will start at guard

OK, that's something anyway.

Of course Essex is no prize either but he's better than Kemo.

And in terms of this thread, Essex replacing Kemo along with Legursky at center isn't so bad and would probably be better than having Pouncey play with a gimpy leg.

I think sitting Pouncey for another week would be best for us as we approach the post-season, especially if we end up being a 5 or 6 seed.