Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   any fine or suspension for browns phil taylor yet? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81251)

12+88=6 12-14-2011 12:04 AM

any fine or suspension for browns phil taylor yet?

remember? he's the guy who clubbed ben in the head on thursday night. he got a flag but has anyone heard of him getting a fine?

or how about Joselio Hanson, from the eagles, he launched himself into lousman and made a much more direct hit to the side of lousman's helmet with the crown of his helmet, any fine for that?

why doesn't espn and nfl network keep show replays of those hits?

and what about the texans lineman who buried the crown of his helmet into harrison's face and broke his eye socket in week 4? i guess that's ok with godell.

or how bout gocong going helmet to helmet with mendy at the goaline? he didn't even try to make a form tackle. i guess when rb's get hit in the head and se it coming, it has no effect to their brain. good call roger. player safety.

DanRooney 12-14-2011 01:32 AM

Re: any fine or suspension for browns phil taylor yet?

You're allowed a helmet to helmet hit on a runner (Mendenhall). I don't know why people keep whining about that.

Sixburgher 12-14-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 970203)
You're allowed a helmet to helmet hit on a runner (Mendenhall). I don't know why people keep whining about that.

Because it invalidates the whole "player safety" argument as the completely bogus crock of shit that it is, perhaps?

Fire Arians 12-14-2011 02:36 AM

phil taylor won't get fined for clubbing ben in the head. goodell only protects the pretty boys like manning and brady

ben is too ugly or something, and because he doesn't have 15 year old girls buying his jersey everywhere, or doing model shoots in GQ magazine, goodell doesn't think he's a big enough cash cow to protect him

Boomer 12-14-2011 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixburgher (Post 970205)
Because it invalidates the whole "player safety" argument as the completely bogus crock of shit that it is, perhaps?

Exactly. It highlights the whole SAFETY bull crap. The NFL cares about it's players. Oh wait, only certain players.

Navy86 12-14-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 970217)
Exactly. It highlights the whole SAFETY bull crap. The NFL cares about it's players. Oh wait, only certain players.

And only chooses to make examples out of other certain players...

Whodis 12-14-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 970203)

I thought some one posted rules claiming no helmet to helmet on a runner? Just curious, if Tebow rules out of the pocket and gets hit if he decided to throw. What happens? Im getting confused about the rules.

Steelersfan87 12-14-2011 09:50 AM

You're allowed to hit a runner helmet to helmet because 1) it's impractical and impossible to not tackle a runner helmet to helmet sometimes because they use their own helmet to drive themselves forward and 2) when they are a runner, they are already cognizant of their surroundings and are in a position to defend themselves. I don't see this as hypocrisy. Do you know how many penalties and fines and suspensions there would be every single game if helmet to helmet contact on any runner was a flag?

Also, I don't remember Ben getting "clubbed in the head". When did this happen?

Steelerfreak58 12-14-2011 09:50 AM

He is not a Steeler no fine for him.

DanRooney 12-14-2011 09:59 AM

It's almost annoying how much you guys are crying about Harrison. I couldn't even defend the hit the first time I saw it. I was in shock that he actually went to the head regardless if he thought McCoy was a runner. He was behind the LoS. He should have aimed lower knowing Goodell is not a fan of his.

Now the Fitzpatrick, Brees and Jason Campbell fines were all bogus. But I thought this and the Massoquoi fines were perfectly warranted.