Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81339)

mesaSteeler 12-15-2011 06:45 AM

Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...on-suspension/
News and updates about the Pittsburgh Steelers

Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

December 14th, 2011

Here is Ryan Clarkís surprisingly muted reaction to James Harrisonís suspension. Clark is the Steelersí union representative, and he has been outspoken in his criticism of Roger Goodell and the commissionerís crackdown on illegal hits.

Q: How frustrating is all of this?

A: To be honest, Iím frustrated for James. I feel bad for James. I couldnít imagine having to deal with what heís had to deal with the past two years. I know heís worked extremely hard to stay within the guidelines and itís his first offense this year so that part frustrates me. As far as the other stuff it doesnít bother me. You just hate to see a teammate, you hate to see a friend be kind of ostracized, ridiculed when heís actually been working to do better.

Q: Has James been unfairly targeted by the league?
A: Itís not my call.

Q: Where do you see this going in the future? Will it get worse?

A: Iím just a free safety. I canít tell yíall whatís going to happen in the future. We just want to play now. We want to try to figure out a way to be as physical as possible and to be as legal as possible. Right now thatís the challenge placed before us. On the other (side) of that when things donít go our way we need to shut up because obviously being who we are isnít working. Being outspoken about things and expressing our frustration in different manners than other people thatís not working for us. Weíre not going to call the commissioner, weíre not going to set up meetings, thatís just not the players that we are. But I think as a team we just need to stop talking about it. Just do our best to go out here and play football because thatís what our jobs are and leave the rest of the politicking to other people.

Ė Scott Brown

tanda10506 12-15-2011 10:27 AM

Re: Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

You know damn well that's not how he feels, Tomlin has told them to be quiet. Tomlin feels it's better to stay quite and hope one day the league likes them, rather then have the team stand up for it's self.

theplatypus 12-15-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 970560)
You know damn well that's not how he feels, Tomlin has told them to be quiet. Tomlin feels it's better to stay quite and hope one day the league likes them, rather then have the team stand up for it's self.

Did you actually read what he said? specifically
Quote:

. On the other (side) of that when things donít go our way we need to shut up because obviously being who we are isnít working. Being outspoken about things and expressing our frustration in different manners than other people thatís not working for us.

Sixburgher 12-15-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 970560)

Yeah, not like "standing up for themselves" before now hasn't just led to more bogus bullshit being called against them or anything. :coffee:

Steel_Bus_24 12-15-2011 11:17 AM

How the Steelers actually feel......

http://images12.fotki.com/v216/photo...ayjzoom-vi.gif

that SOB Goodell lit the fuse.....other teams better hope injuries do us in

EDIT: Found another pic that my do their feelings more justice

Opt2loc 12-15-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixburgher (Post 970567)
Yeah, not like "standing up for themselves" before now hasn't just led to more bogus bullshit being called against them or anything. :coffee:

Poor squeelers, it's so unfair. :crying01:

Do the crime, you do the time. Plain and simple

Fire Arians 12-15-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opt2loc (Post 970576)

unless you're ray lewis

Opt2loc 12-15-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 970577)
unless you're ray lewis

You squeeler fans need some new material. :old:

Sixburgher 12-15-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opt2loc (Post 970576)

:yawn:

Opt2loc 12-15-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixburgher (Post 970582)
:yawn:

Me grow up?

Why don't you go back and read some your posts.
All you do is whine whine whine whine whine.:blah::blah::blah: