Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Charlie batch (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81371)

tburhans 12-15-2011 07:18 PM

Charlie batch

From what I've read batch has been running with the first team all week. So if for some reason ben doesn't play how do you think charlie does? He played good enough to win last year and I'm hoping he can do it again if necessary

harrison'samonster 12-15-2011 07:23 PM

Re: Charlie batch

i honestly don't count on Batch to win games. As long as he doesn't make mistakes that hurt the team, we could win. But with Batch in there we'll have to find other ways to win as a team.

ricardisimo 12-15-2011 07:39 PM

Mendenhall is going to have to pick up his game against a tough 49ers run D, albeit probably without Patrick Willis, which can't hurt his cause. Charlie will hopefully look slightly better than last week, but he won't be the one winning it.

Bayz101 12-15-2011 08:03 PM

Dixon has been getting lots of reps, and we've seen him take the Steelers to OT against the Ravens before, if i'm not mistaken. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little bit of him. I think Ben will play, however.

ricardisimo 12-15-2011 08:10 PM

Even if Ben does play, I still think that they have to decide to run the ball ahead of time and stick with it. Ben will get killed doing much more than handing off left and right.

casteeler 12-15-2011 10:34 PM

This is a passing team, I don't see Mendy doing a whole lot against a team with a good run defense. Face it people the combo of Mendy and this offensive line isn't something that's threatening. I like Batch but I think the Steelers need Ben to win this game.

jjpro11 12-15-2011 11:00 PM

the 49ers don't have a very good offense.. Gore is playing hurt and is going to be limited. Crabtree and Davis are threats, but Smith is an average QB and his oline sucks.

if Batch and the Steelers can get a couple TDs on the board, i think they win. the D is going to have to step up, plain and simple. the 49ers have the worst red zone offense in the league. if the D has to sacrifice some yards and field goals to prevent long TDs, so be it.

jjpro11 12-15-2011 11:02 PM

the 49ers don't have a very good offense.. Gore is playing hurt and is going to be limited. Crabtree and Davis are threats, but Smith is an average QB and his oline sucks.

if Batch and the Steelers can get a couple TDs on the board, i think they win. the D is going to have to step up, plain and simple. the 49ers have the worst red zone offense in the league. if the D has to sacrifice some yards and field goals to prevent long TDs, so be it.

BlaZeQuietly 12-15-2011 11:20 PM

Batch's inability to extend plays completely changes the game plan, he would get murdered, if Ben doesn't play I think we would rely on redman and mendy and run the ball at least 60% of the time, it's a workable equation :-D

MACH1 12-16-2011 12:23 AM

As long as it does not come down to a long fg. This could be the game that sushi loses for us.