Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben should sit (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81486)

RuHappy69 12-17-2011 06:27 PM

Ben should sit

With a terrible Oline all season and Gilbert likely not at 100% and Pouncey out, the guy will be limited mobility-wise. Why run the risk with an NFC team. Let him rest up for next week. Also, is Chris Carter a complete wimp? Hasn't he had a hamstring injury all season? Man up... You can't help the club from the tub rookie..

steelersfan77 12-17-2011 06:34 PM

Re: Ben should sit

If he can go he plays.

If he can't he sits.

Some football players can play through major pain. Other's can't. It's part of the game.

We'll know soon enough.

Bayz101 12-17-2011 06:37 PM

I'm not sure about our o-line being terrible. They've been pretty damn good and most of the sacks come from extended plays. As for Chis, a hamstring injury isn't small time. We haven't had a healthy Woodley since the Pats, and he's still not 100%.

My take: If the Ravens lose, sit Ben. I know most of us would love to see the Steelers capitalize off a Ravens loss, but if they lose, we could throw in Charlie and take our chances. I'd play Ben if the Ravens win, just to give us the best chance of keeping the division close. And that's the best scenario if his injury is really that irritating.

EDIT: My cousin wrote everything above.

harrison'samonster 12-17-2011 06:37 PM

I hope they let Roethlisberger decide. I'm going to guess if it 's up to him, he'll be in there unless he's in major pain. I agree with steelersfan77, if he can play, he'll be in there and he still gives this team the best chance to win.

Bayz101 12-17-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 971045)
I hope they let Roethlisberger decide. I'm going to guess if it 's up to him, he'll be in there unless he's in major pain. I agree with steelersfan77, if he can play, he'll be in there and he still gives this team the best chance to win.

That's what I was hoping as well, but it seems like he's been saying all week that it's not his choice. He seems to be leaving the decision to Tomlin.

ricardisimo 12-17-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 971046)
That's what I was hoping as well, but it seems like he's been saying all week that it's not his choice. He seems to be leaving the decision to Tomlin.

Or his doctors.

Bayz101 12-17-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 971049)
Or his doctors.

Yeah, i'm sure it's the doctors opinion that'll result in the final decision. I think Ben will play, likely in shotgun formation most of the night.

skip 12-17-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 971052)
I think Ben will play, likely in shotgun formation most of the night.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking too. Or at least hoping.

Bayz101 12-17-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip (Post 971073)
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking too. Or at least hoping.

it's weird. one part of me wants him to play, and another wants him to sit.

steelcity1974 12-17-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 971044)

My take: If the Ravens lose, sit Ben. I know most of us would love to see the Steelers capitalize off a Ravens loss, but if they lose, we could throw in Charlie and take our chances. I'd play Ben if the Ravens win, just to give us the best chance of keeping the division close. And that's the best scenario if his injury is really that irritating.

This makes no sense at all.