Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Barely beating the Chiefs was embarassing (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81537)

sharkweek 12-18-2011 06:52 PM

Barely beating the Chiefs was embarassing

oh wait, we at least beat them

that is all :tt02:

(it would be nice if people would stop crying over wins as long as we're consistently winning the games we should be)

tony hipchest 12-18-2011 07:00 PM

Re: Barely beating the Chiefs was embarassing

i was a bit embarrassed for everybody who whined about that win. arrowhead is always a tough place to play.

kinda like when people bitch about william gay not being able to cover gronkowski when champ bailey cant even cover him...

Sixburgher 12-18-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 971308)
i was a bit embarrassed for everybody who whined about that win. arrowhead is always a tough place to play.

Coming off a bye didn't help either.

Whodis 12-18-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 971308)

kinda like when people bitch about william gay not being able to cover gronkowski when champ bailey cant even cover him...

KC is a football town and no game is a given in Arrowhead. I wasn't embarrassed about the Indy game because the Colts came to play that night. The points we left on the field vs the Chiefs was embarrassing.

harrison'samonster 12-18-2011 08:14 PM

The Chiefs played great D against us. If I can remember right, they were fighting for their playoff lives that game. I'm always happy with a win no matter how we get it.

TRH 12-19-2011 12:39 AM

regardless, it still wasn't a good game played by us, no question.

ETL 12-19-2011 01:02 AM

All that matters is that we are 1 point better than the opponent. The Packers couldn't do that today.

Bayz101 12-19-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 971634)
All that matters is that we are 1 point better than the opponent. The Packers couldn't do that today.

:thumbsup:

sharkweek 12-19-2011 02:40 AM

for those being defensive, the entire point for me starting this thread was a reality check to be thankful for any Ws our team can muster

I live in Ohio and get to see and hear so much pain and agony over the Browns and Bengals and it kinda makes me sick when I see fellow Steeler fans reacting to games in much the same manner when we're actually consistently winning games and divisions and playoffs and Superbowls unlike the actual garbage the Browns and Bengals fans have to consistently put up with.

Yes, we could have had a better game against the Chiefs, but this is the NFL, and a win is a win is a win is a win, simply no two ways about it. For all the style points the Packers bought themselves dominating their previous 13 games it was all for naught in this one. And as long as that last game in February is a W, everything else leading up to it simply doesn't matter that much, its not how you got there, its that you did get there.

IowaSteeler927 12-19-2011 03:14 AM

A win's a win. I was at that game (<------- See Avatar to the left) and I told that to some shitty KC fans after the game who thought it pertinent to yell such colorful comments as "F* the Steelers!" while walking up the aisles on the visiting side of Arrowhead which was basically a sea of Black and Gold.

A bunch of my coworkers told me before the game that the Steelers were going to destroy the Chiefs. I told them I wasn't going to underestimate them. Their defense has got some good players. Hali and Johnson most notably, and Arrowhead is a loud environment. The Chiefs fans were there up until the very end and they were pretty loud througout the majority of the game.

It's the NFL. Any team can win on any given week. That's what makes it fun to watch.