Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spambots (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=81950)

Bayz101 12-22-2011 01:19 AM

Spambots

Any word on what's going to be done with these bots? Their posting in various threads throughout all the forums, sometimes spitting out 30 posts and hour. It's nothing too bad, just a little irritating. Thanks.

-Nate.

SteelCityMom 12-22-2011 05:20 AM

Re: Spambots

No idea...and believe me, I know they're annoying. Hopefully it's just a Christmas thing because they aren't normally this bad, and they didn't start until just after Thanksgiving.

Bayz101 12-23-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 974279)
No idea...and believe me, I know they're annoying. Hopefully it's just a Christmas thing because they aren't normally this bad, and they didn't start until just after Thanksgiving.

That's probably what it is, or at least I hope. Thanks mom.

ricardisimo 12-23-2011 04:22 PM

And then suddenly they stopped... (did I just jinx it?)

SteelCityMom 12-23-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 974681)
And then suddenly they stopped... (did I just jinx it?)

You must have missed my post in the front office section....I haven't taken care of them completely, but I figured out how to ban IP addresses and ranges (through IPower) and spent the whole morning yesterday going through spammers and their IP addresses (thankfully many of them are duplicates).

I noticed a significant drop off in spammers since then. There are still some that get through, and I'm trying to keep track of and ban their IP addresses, but it's been much quieter since then.

ricardisimo 12-23-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 974683)
You must have missed my post in the front office section....I haven't taken care of them completely, but I figured out how to ban IP addresses and ranges (through IPower) and spent the whole morning yesterday going through spammers and their IP addresses (thankfully many of them are duplicates).

I noticed a significant drop off in spammers since then. There are still some that get through, and I'm trying to keep track of and ban their IP addresses, but it's been much quieter since then.

You rock!!!!
:applaudit:

Avalon105 12-26-2011 08:34 AM

I am getting countless spam emails. How come nobody has responded to my concerns?? I have sent numerous emails to the webmaster etc.

Its geting quite annoying.

SteelCityMom 12-26-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon105 (Post 975464)
I am getting countless spam emails. How come nobody has responded to my concerns?? I have sent numerous emails to the webmaster etc.

Its geting quite annoying.

That could be something to do with your own account. I don't know. My e-mail account listed here hasn't ever really gotten more than the normal amount of spam e-mails. I don't know what else you do with your account though, but there's usually more than one answer to a problem like that.

All in all though, that's more info overall than I would have for you.

Also, I check the webmaster e-mails at least once a week, and I haven't gotten any from anyone asking about spam e-mails. Are you sure you're sending it to the right place?

*Edit* Just checked the e-mails, and got your e-mail from today. Haven't gotten any before this though.