Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Most overrated player in the league (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=820)

BlitzburghRockCity 05-26-2005 11:40 PM

Most overrated player in the league

Who in ur opinion is the most overr-rated, over-hyped, player in the league?

My money is on ray lewis, he's lost a step or 2 over the last couple years, and he's not near as intimidating or quick as he once was. He's still good, but no where near what he was. He cant take over a game anymore like he used to. But because he's ray ray, he still gets all the hype, no matter how much he's beginning to fade. :screwy:

hardwork 05-26-2005 11:59 PM

Re: Most overrated player in the league

Payton Manning. Followed closely by Bret Farve.

BB2W 05-27-2005 12:05 AM

This should be overated/underated......

Overated: Mike Vick.....He is good, and an amazing athlete, but he gets alot of media attention and hype.

Underated: Chris Chambers......He is amazing, I have been watching him since college (Wissconsin) He has been making great achrobatic catches for years.

Honarable Mention:

Overated: Lavar Arrington
Underated: Javon Walker

JerseySTEEL 05-27-2005 12:10 AM

Overated:Vick-he's not a RB is he?they call him a athlete, bc hes not a QB!

BlitzburghRockCity 05-27-2005 12:22 AM

I considered Vick as well. They guy is an amazing athlete, and can run as well as any RB with the ball in his hands.. but he's only an above average QB at best.

JerseySTEEL 05-27-2005 12:25 AM

I just down right hate him, if u ever hear the word "HYPE" it was made for Vick. Every time u ask someone who doesnt watch football much, whos your Fav player? they always say Vick, and that makes me sick hehe.

Prosdo 05-27-2005 12:34 AM

Another vote for Vick

clevestinks 05-27-2005 06:06 AM

I also vote for Vick. With another vote for Kyle Boller, i just think he will always be average.

Ironman 05-27-2005 07:53 AM

Overrated : Chad Pennington
Underrated: Kerry Collins

I know Collins has had his issues, but when he's able to sit in the pocket and gunsling... he's one of the best. Look for a great season from him with his new weapon Moss as long as his O-line holds up and Lamont Jordan delivers some sort of running game.

Ok... procede to rip me for my choice of Collins :chair:

clevestinks 05-27-2005 09:17 AM

No I actually like Collins, maybe its the Nittany Lions thing? But when he is given the chance he plays big.