Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kind of blah in here right now. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8210)

Big D 06-23-2006 11:59 AM

Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Seems that there arent any really good discussions in here right now. So I thought I would help out with this. Of last years free agent class name the one guy you wish the steelers would have signed.
I would personally had to go with shaun alexander it would have been bitter sweet to sign him away from the seachickens

nicesteel4life 06-23-2006 12:08 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
Seems that there arent any really good discussions in here right now. So I thought I would help out with this. Of last years free agent class name the one guy you wish the steelers would have signed.
I would personally had to go with shaun alexander it would have been bitter sweet to sign him away from the seachickens

YUCK! Why in the HELL :evil: would we want a SEA CHICKEN
Seriously if your gonna say him we might as well say we wanted T.O.
I really think if we could of kept EL, that would of been the choice, but :dollar: talks and :poop: :cya:

Atleast for some!!!!

Big D 06-23-2006 12:09 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
YUCK! Why in the HELL :evil: would we want a SEA CHICKEN
Seriously if your gonna say him we might as well say we wanted T.O.
I really think if we could of kept EL, that would of been the choice, but :dollar: talks and :poop: :cya:

Atleast for some!!!!

why alexander? easy he is a good leader in the locker room and he's one of the top 3 best running backs in the league. You bring up T.O. look at the damage he's done to every teams chemistry he has ever been on. He is probably one of the games top 5 wr but i wouldnt want him

nicesteel4life 06-23-2006 12:13 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Are you saying we have no leaders in our locker room? Seriously you would of wanted to pay that type of money for him. I think he is good but not that good. Watch, mark my words he will not have the season he had last year again. But I understand your point.

Big D 06-23-2006 12:15 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
Are you saying we have no leaders in our locker room? Seriously you would of wanted to pay that type of money for him. I think he is good but not that good. Watch, mark my words he will not have the season he had last year again. But I understand your point.

no thats not at all what i'm saying. I know we have great leaders in the locker room. I guess what i should have mentioned at the start of this thread is saying we could spend free agent money like the yankees who would you want to sign. Sorry I wasnt more specific

stlrtruck 06-23-2006 12:33 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
YUCK! Why in the HELL :evil: would we want a SEA CHICKEN
Seriously if your gonna say him we might as well say we wanted T.O.
I really think if we could of kept EL, that would of been the choice, but :dollar: talks and :poop: :cya:

Atleast for some!!!!

I agree. As much as I think he's terrible at catching the easy pass, EL did have that Special Teams aspect to him, as well as being able to throw the long ball!

Big D 06-23-2006 12:36 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
Kind of blah?

Would you prefer all the excitement that came with Ben's motorcycle wreck or Santonio Holmes getting arrested?

um no did I say that? It is the offseason and I was just looking to get a discussion going

HburgXL06 06-23-2006 01:11 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
I liked El and didn't want to see him go, but I wished him well when he did although I don't believe the redskins will utilize him as effectively as the Steelers did. I would say no to Alexander.

1) He's comin from a team that we just beat and because of cryin and the media it was "controversal" meanin that we do not know what type of sentiment for the team he might have.
2) He's high priced regardless if we were playin "New York Yankees" or not he is gonna cost a lot of money
3) Madden Curse: he's on the cover, it's only a matter of time
4) We have plenty of leaders in our locker room already, if we get too many they have the possibility of startin to divide instead of unite the team


My opinion, in an ideal world what player I would want. I would like to see Bettis play for another 5-10 years in the health he had back in at the mid-point of his career with us. He was a fast, powerful, bruisin runner wit good feet who always moved the ball well and that is what I will miss.

BuFu

Lyn 06-23-2006 02:12 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HburgXL06
I liked El and didn't want to see him go, but I wished him well when he did although I don't believe the redskins will utilize him as effectively as the Steelers did. I would say no to Alexander.

1) He's comin from a team that we just beat and because of cryin and the media it was "controversal" meanin that we do not know what type of sentiment for the team he might have.
2) He's high priced regardless if we were playin "New York Yankees" or not he is gonna cost a lot of money
3) Madden Curse: he's on the cover, it's only a matter of time
4) We have plenty of leaders in our locker room already, if we get too many they have the possibility of startin to divide instead of unite the team


My opinion, in an ideal world what player I would want. I would like to see Bettis play for another 5-10 years in the health he had back in at the mid-point of his career with us. He was a fast, powerful, bruisin runner wit good feet who always moved the ball well and that is what I will miss.

BuFu

Hi there:)

Can you please explain in what manner you feel the redskins will use El as opposed to the manner the Steelers used him.

thanks, lyn:)

HometownGal 06-23-2006 03:21 PM

Re: Kind of blah in here right now.
 
I know this is way out there, but I wouldn't have minded if the Steelers would have signed Jon Kitna, especially in light of Ben's accident and questionable return date. I think he is probably the best backup QB in the league right now and it would have been deja vu sticking it to the Bungles (sorry Brian) :stickout: .

I also wouldn't have minded if they had signed David Givens. I think he would have complimented our receiving corps well. Just mho.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum