Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Winslow...Good or Bad?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=823)

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 05-28-2005 08:08 AM

Winslow...Good or Bad??

Hey Steeler fans! Do you think it is a good or bad idea for the Browns to be taking money from Kellen?? I personally don't have a true opinion . First of all, it doesn't put Romeo Crennel off to a good start with Kellen. And since Kellen is not going to play this season, and he heals for the 2006 season, he may not want to play for the Browns anymore. And I think Kellen will be a pretty good receiver if he heals correctly. But on the other hand, I think they should take money away from him. It was a stupid thing for him to do, ESPECIALLY without a lisence. I mean, I could see if he was just riding his bike, and he got hit, but thats not the case, he was doing tricks in a parking lot!! So I don't really have a firm stand, tell me what you guys think!

~AllAmer~

clevestinks 05-28-2005 08:42 AM

Re: Winslow...Good or Bad??

Great question AASG I`ve asked this many times around here in Cleve, talk about a rock and a hard place.

If you take his money, he`ll stick it in your backside eventually.
If you don`t then you lost respect from all team members.

His contract with his sig, should be followed word for word. If it were something that ownership did wrong, they would be expected to pay. Its time for the athletes to be responsible for thier actions. This is a guy who broke his own contract by riding. Then he doesn`t even know how to ride, was trick riding, and most of all he wasn`t even over last years injuries! Its a shame that someone this stupid was allowed to go to college for free!
He let down his team, the city, and hopefully himself. Take the money! Or other players will wonder if they have to follow thier contracts. Make Winslow the example, not just for the brownies, but for the entire NFL. Like i`ve said before , give one of us the chance to make that kind of money, for X amount of years, I`ll be a perfect choir boy. :D

RoethlisBURGHer 05-28-2005 10:04 AM

I think they needed to.You let Winslow slide,you can't enforce anyone's contract.

Not enforcing the clause in the contract is a Butch Davis move,IMHO.The Browns wanna move away from that,and by doing this they are proving that that wanna run the team the right way.

And about his apology,I doubt it was actually written by him.It sounds way to smart to be written by that idiot.It was probally written by a Browns PR person.The only thing Kellen is sorry about is the fact that he's losing all this money.

Also,look for the Browns to cut him or trade him (if they can get anything for him) if he does anything stupid like that again,doesn't produce,or does/says something to embarass the Browns.Romeo won't stand for that shit.If Kellen does anything to try and stick it to the Browns,he'll find his way out of Cleveland a harsh one...and I don't see many teams that would wanna pick him up.

He's overrated and a prima donna.5 catches for 50 yards in two years,yeah...he's definatly overrated.

bigbensgirl7 05-28-2005 10:33 AM

There's no question in my mind that they should take his money back. He broke his contract, plain and simple. This is a guy that could have been great, but he basically missed all of last year due to injury...and now he's out at least another one because of his stupidity. To tell you the truth, he might get a little step back, but he will never be the guy he was supposed to be coming out of the draft. For all of the money he got...he has played 2 games...they have payed him a lot of $$ for 2 games in my opinion!!!

steelersgirl86 05-28-2005 01:35 PM

I totally agree. They really have to take the money just to prove a point. Wether or not it works it is the right thing to do. :nono: :doh:

BlitzburghRockCity 05-28-2005 02:07 PM

It's the same presidence in any job, if u dont do ur job, u dont get paid. If you get hurt on the job, u get compensated by workmans comp. or by a lawsuit :rolleyes: .. in sports if u get hurt on the job, u generally still get paid, but when u get hurt outside of ur job, by ur own doing, and doing something u shouldnt have been. They have a right to ask atleast some of it back. IMO

Brownskikass 05-31-2005 03:49 PM

Winslow doesnt deserve the money....His contract had a catch and he obviously didnt care....TAKE IT!!!

clevestinks 05-31-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownskikass
Winslow doesnt deserve the money....His contract had a catch and he obviously didnt care....TAKE IT!!!

Good answer BKA! And he obviously only cares about himself! How about your teams you let down? Not even recovered from prior injuries! Miami U. produces some great athletes , but real dumbies

meanjoe75 05-31-2005 07:44 PM

It,s Good they did that he,s done a stupid thing. But you know look where he,s playing Cleveland if I was him I,d do the same thing just to get off that sucky team. Here,s my prediction he,s going to be out of football in 2 years

Brownskikass 06-01-2005 07:38 PM

Id rather be playing for Clevland then out of the NFL