Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spamming (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=83426)

stb_steeler 01-12-2012 08:25 PM

Spamming

Ok.....first off whats with all the spam flooding all the threads????
I know this prolly isnt the place to post this but damn it! this is gettin outta hand,
especially in my inbox now.

Atlanta Dan 01-12-2012 08:29 PM

Re: Spamming

Quote:

Originally Posted by stb_steeler (Post 983692)
I know this prolly isnt the place to post this but damn it! this is gettin outta hand,

Check out SC Mom's post that she has resigned as a mod

stb_steeler 01-12-2012 08:32 PM

Yeah i seen it Dan, but some one gotta get control.:doh:

ricardisimo 01-12-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stb_steeler (Post 983692)

All I can do is apologize. Some young Russian or Nigerian teenager has decided that SF is where s/he will make their mark. In the meantime Mom was the only one with both the apprpriate admin powers and know-how to deal with it. We're waiting for the owner to show up soon to help deal with this.

stb_steeler 01-12-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 983695)
A

All I can do is apologize. Some young Russian or Nigerian teenager has decided that SF is where s/he will make their mark. In the meantime Mom was the only one with both the apprpriate admin powers and know-how to deal with it. We're waiting for the owner to show up soon to help deal with this.

I understand........I think one of the posters were a egyption...lol

Atlanta Dan 01-12-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 983695)
A

All I can do is apologize. Some young Russian or Nigerian teenager has decided that SF is where s/he will make their mark. .

So you mean I will not be receiving my share of a $100 million dollar bank account after I wired $10,000 as a transfer fee to that poster?:banging:

ricardisimo 01-12-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 983697)
So you mean I will not be receiving my share of a $100 million dollar bank account after I wired $10,000 as a transfer fee to that poster?:banging:

No, that one is totally kosher. No worries there. The Ugg boots and the year's supply of cyalis are not coming, though. Sorry. :noidea:

tony hipchest 01-12-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 983701)
... the year's supply of cyalis are not coming, though. Sorry. :noidea:

:doh: damn, and i was really looking forward to watching a bunch of butterflies hatch from their mid-metamorphic stage.

SCMom had the full gamut of modship controls. for some reason, rico's and mine were altered/ set up funny, where we're like yin and yang. i can delete posts but not ban the poster and vice versa.

many times lately i have just sat and watched a troll or spammer and deleted each post with in seconds of being posted until they eventually just go away.

it makes the job twice as difficult so please bear with us. :drink:

ShutDown24 01-12-2012 11:37 PM

I've been meaning to ask what happened to this place. During my last stint of activity on SF things looked promising. Huge user base with many very active users and no spam. I assume Mike (He was the owner, right?) has gone missing? It seems like an unfortunate task the remaining mods have been left with.

MasterOfPuppets 01-13-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 983705)

SCMom had the full gamut of modship controls. for some reason, rico's and mine were altered/ set up funny, where we're like yin and yang. i can delete posts but not ban the poster and vice versa.

:drink:

so your like...the wonder twins ???

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PtEybEQzLf...nder+Twins.jpg

:toofunny: