Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Who will we see in the SB? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=83583)

BlaZeQuietly 01-15-2012 11:49 PM

Who will we see in the SB?

Back in october when I was in jail, coming off of drugs, I began hallucinating and a voice came to me and told me the 49ers would win the superbowl this year, I disregarded it but now I am starting to think I had a psychic vision, this was before the 49ers were really taken seriously so I found it very strange. Anyways now that we are down to 4 teams who do you think we will see?

PhantomJB93 01-16-2012 12:57 AM

Re: Who will we see in the SB?

Better be Patriots-Giants again, with the Giants winning again. Any situation in which a Harbaugh makes the Super Bowl is a nightmare for me. Realistically that's what I see though, Giants are too good right now for SF to take down in their first year as a good team in the Alex Smith era, and the Ratbirds just play too inconsistently to take down Brady, even if the Pats D is awful Flacco won't be able to exploit it. Especially in Foxborough.

The Giants have the look of that "destiny team" this year. They've been on an absolute tear since December started and are the only team with the capability to be elite on both sides of the ball. I've always thought Eli Manning was underrated but he's really living up to that "Elite" tag he put on himself this offseason and, to me, has solidified himself in that "elite tier" with Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Ben.

BleedPurple 01-16-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 984768)
Better be Patriots-Giants again, with the Giants winning again. Any situation in which a Harbaugh makes the Super Bowl is a nightmare for me. Realistically that's what I see though, Giants are too good right now for SF to take down in their first year as a good team in the Alex Smith era, and the Ratbirds just play too inconsistently to take down Brady, even if the Pats D is awful Flacco won't be able to exploit it. Especially in Foxborough.

The Giants have the look of that "destiny team" this year. They've been on an absolute tear since December started and are the only team with the capability to be elite on both sides of the ball. I've always thought Eli Manning was underrated but he's really living up to that "Elite" tag he put on himself this offseason and has solidified himself in that "elite tier" with Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Ben.

Agreed. But defense wins championships--9ers Ravens

GMU Steeler 01-16-2012 11:12 AM

I think Ravens-Giants is a good possibility. Giants are hot right now and while the Ravens were far less impressive in their win against the Texans than the Patriots were in theirs against the Broncos, the Ravens do match up well against the Patriots unless the game gets into shoot-out mode.

BlaZeQuietly 01-16-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 984966)
I think Ravens-Giants is a good possibility. Giants are hot right now and while the Ravens were far less impressive in their win against the Texans than the Patriots were in theirs against the Broncos, the Ravens do match up well against the Patriots unless the game gets into shoot-out mode.

I have a feeling it will be a shoot out and the pats will win also I think SF just has the giants number, they showed against the saints they can put up serious points, and alex smith proved him self to be (good enough) to beat a great team.

Patriots 38
Ravens 31

49ers 28
Giants 21

SB
49ers 31
Patriots 30

:chuckle:

GMU Steeler 01-16-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 985116)
I have a feeling it will be a shoot out and the pats will win also I think SF just has the giants number, they showed against the saints they can put up serious points, and alex smith proved him self to be (good enough) to beat a great team.

Patriots 38
Ravens 31

49ers 28
Giants 21

SB
49ers 31
Patriots 30

:chuckle:

As long as NE or Baltimore doesn't win, I'm happy. SF wouldn't thrill me since it would give them six but I don't hate Jim Harbaugh as much as some Steelers fans do and I admire some of their players like Gore and Willis. Guys who would be great Steelers in alternative universes heh.

stb_steeler 01-16-2012 04:12 PM

G MEN

pete74 01-16-2012 04:14 PM

I see the 49'ers vs the Patriots

Christian Snyder 01-16-2012 05:14 PM

We will see 2007 all over again, though I don't know who I will be rooting for. It is very hard to root against an AFC team though, so maybe I'll root for the Patriots (oh goodness, wheres a bucket so I can puke in it!)