Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The L.A. Colts by the end of the decade!? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=84424)

PATS16N0 01-25-2012 10:12 AM

The L.A. Colts by the end of the decade!?

This situation in Indianapolis is more dangerous for the Colts organization than I think a lot of people realize. Colts fans are pretty attached to their beloved Peyton Manning (for whatever reason!), and I mean fanatical. They are loyal to this man.

On the surface the `smart` move with an eye to the future might seem to be to let Manning go and draft Luck as the future of the organization. However, that isn't going to sit well with Indianapolis fans who don't want to see Manning discarded like yesterday's trash.

I think this is going to cause an earthquake in Indy no matter what happens but in the worst case scenario, if Manning goes elsewhere and performs and Luck turns out to be the second coming of Ryan Leaf... I bet you can kiss the Indianapolis Colts good bye. The hate Indy fans will have for their own organization will be so deep and so profound it will KILL the organization.

Wouldn't surprise me if it leads to the Colts leaving the area for a new city and a fresh start.

If Peyton Manning's health will allow him to play I think you have to stick with your quarterback in this situation and let Luck go.

Atlanta Dan 01-25-2012 10:40 AM

Re: The L.A. Colts by the end of the decade!?

NFL teams switch cities when they cannot get a stadium deal done

Colts just moved into Lucas Oil Stadium (and the city of Indianapolis was rewarded for that by hosting a Super Bowl)

Rams, Minnesota and Jax are the likely suspects to go to LA

ItalianSteelersFan178443 01-25-2012 12:41 PM

There is no chance in HELL that the Colts move to LA ever. They got a new stadium like Atlanta Dan said above and they are also financially stable. Irsay has money in the bank and wouldn't dare moving that team away from Indy. They sold out every home game this season even as a 2-14 team. If a team moves to LA it will be either Jax or St. Louis. This is just a dumb post overall

stb_steeler 01-25-2012 01:04 PM

Where do some of you come up with this stuff....:doh:

Ricco Suavez 01-25-2012 04:30 PM

I can see why they love Peyton, he has led his team to one SuperBowl win and another time against the Saints. He did this without "tuck rule help" 'shady video" and a clutch kicker who actually won three Superbowls for another team. Lastly when he went down for the season you see what happened to his team, while when Brady went down a new QB stepped into the "system" and won what 10-12 games. BTW that new QB has not looked so good elsewhere.

BigRick 01-25-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPatriots (Post 989577)
This situation in Indianapolis is more dangerous for the Colts organization than I think a lot of people realize. Colts fans are pretty attached to their beloved Peyton Manning (for whatever reason!), and I mean fanatical. They are loyal to this man.

On the surface the `smart` move with an eye to the future might seem to be to let Manning go and draft Luck as the future of the organization. However, that isn't going to sit well with Indianapolis fans who don't want to see Manning discarded like yesterday's trash.

I think this is going to cause an earthquake in Indy no matter what happens but in the worst case scenario, if Manning goes elsewhere and performs and Luck turns out to be the second coming of Ryan Leaf... I bet you can kiss the Indianapolis Colts good bye. The hate Indy fans will have for their own organization will be so deep and so profound it will KILL the organization.

Wouldn't surprise me if it leads to the Colts leaving the area for a new city and a fresh start.

If Peyton Manning's health will allow him to play I think you have to stick with your quarterback in this situation and let Luck go.

I live north of Indy, and if Manning can pass his uocoming physical he isn't goin anywhere. The Dolts say they are going to draft Luck (if he doesn't pull an Elway or Eli Manning crying jag). Face it Manning is going to be 36 in March so he doesn't have many years left. If they win with Luck the fans will be happy.:helmet:

Ricco Suavez 01-25-2012 05:01 PM

Big Rick I am glad someone besides me remembers Elway threatening to play baseball if drafted by the Colts, or Eli and papa Archie saying he would sit out for a year if drafted by the Chargers. The draft is in place to try to help the bottom teams improve and this kind of shenanigans could undermine the whole draft. What if a player like Troy from the west coast had just flat refused to be a Steeler. I mean haggling over money is one thing but coming from college and making terms on where you want to play without any tenure, might as well be baseball where the highest bidder wins.

BigRick 01-25-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez (Post 989910)
Big Rick I am glad someone besides me remembers Elway threatening to play baseball if drafted by the Colts, or Eli and papa Archie saying he would sit out for a year if drafted by the Chargers. The draft is in place to try to help the bottom teams improve and this kind of shenanigans could undermine the whole draft. What if a player like Troy from the west coast had just flat refused to be a Steeler. I mean haggling over money is one thing but coming from college and making terms on where you want to play without any tenure, might as well be baseball where the highest bidder wins.

Yeah ain't it a bitch, going to get handed millions and want to cry about who is going to draft you. Peyton went to the Dolts when they were one of the worst teams in the NFL without a whimper. I'm definitely not a fan of his but I respect him for being a man and going where he was drafted. But little brother didn't want to go to S D. :thumbsup:

BigRick 01-25-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez (Post 989877)
I can see why they love Peyton, he has led his team to one SuperBowl win and another time against the Saints. He did this without "tuck rule help" 'shady video" and a clutch kicker who actually won three Superbowls for another team. Lastly when he went down for the season you see what happened to his team, while when Brady went down a new QB stepped into the "system" and won what 10-12 games. BTW that new QB has not looked so good elsewhere.

Actually the Dolts had the most accurate kicker in the NFL at the time. Granted it was laregly due to kicking indoors most of the time. But he wasn't as good a clutch kicker as Vinatieri, plus he shot off his mouth about Manning and goodbye Vanderjagt. Remember his kick in the AFC playoffs against the Steelers he chocked and missed the game tying fg in his home stadium. Should have never got that far, but they stole Polamalu's interception. Bad call on review.:helmet:

steeltheone 01-25-2012 09:22 PM

Im not sure you would not want Manning to mentor Luck for several years. Seems like a win win to me?