Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tomlin met with former Colts HC Jim Caldwell??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=85262)

tony hipchest 01-28-2012 11:40 AM

Tomlin met with former Colts HC Jim Caldwell???

Not confirmed so take it for what its worth.

MarkKaboly_TribMark Kaboly

Just got tip that Tomlin had breakfast at Omni William Penn this morning with Jim Caldwell. Source told me "95 percent sure" it was Caldwell

Ricco Suavez 01-28-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Tomlin met with former Colts HC Jim Caldwell???

If true ME likey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer 01-28-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 991290)
Not confirmed so take it for what its worth.

MarkKaboly_TribMark Kaboly

Just got tip that Tomlin had breakfast at Omni William Penn this morning with Jim Caldwell. Source told me "95 percent sure" it was Caldwell

Oh god say it aint so!!! I don't want this guy anywhere around our team!! :doh::banging:

Steelerfreak58 01-28-2012 12:06 PM

He knew how to get in the the end zone with Peytons offense.

55BaileyFan 01-28-2012 12:33 PM

The Steelers wouldn't have not offered Arians a contract...thus him retiring if they were just going to hired another passing OC. I would be SUPER shocked if they don't hire from within or hire a former Steelers coach from the offensive side....BRING THE BUS IN, lol.

pete74 01-28-2012 01:26 PM

And Arians will probably go to Indy

ricardisimo 01-28-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 991341)
And Arians will probably go to Indy

That's not entirely far-fetched. I don't think Bruce is going to work anywhere, but if he does get work he might very well go to Indy to be Luck's position coach. Good luck.

pete74 01-28-2012 01:46 PM

I was being serious. I think he will be running Indys offense

Atlanta Dan 01-28-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 991347)
I was being serious. I think he will be running Indys offense

Based upon the huge numbers his offense always put up on Baltimore when Pagano was there?

Steel Peon 01-28-2012 01:57 PM

I'm actually pretty happy to hear this, and I expected it. Caldwell was much better as a coordinator ( see LeBeau, Dick) and the Colts play calling was always excellent. Tomlin and he have worked together in the past, and are very familiar with each other. Being that both of them come from the same roots, and are on the same page, there is a much lower likelihood that they'll be any disagreements between the two. I think Ben can learn from Caldwell, and given his notoriously unemotional behavior, he's less likely to yell at Ben, which is something that apparently irritates Ben. I wouldn't be unhappy with this very proven OC.

And if Ben ain't happy, let him go and sign Peyton after the Colts don't pay him.:grin: