Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Troy backed out of Pro Bowl so Ryan can play? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=85563)

Millers the sh!t 01-30-2012 01:15 AM

Troy backed out of Pro Bowl so Ryan can play?

If so, what a guy.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Steel...3/XK1THKWVcKA/

Bayz101 01-30-2012 01:25 AM

Re: Troy backed out of Pro Bowl so Ryan can play?

He actually did. Troy had several speaking engagement's anyway's, so Clark made the trip. That put's an end to the argument of:

"Troy didn't play due to injury, what's Ben doing out there!?".

If you watched the game today, it's obvious no one's in danger of any injury :chuckle:

You'd have a better chance of injuring yourself dropping a deuce :doh:

Millers the sh!t 01-30-2012 02:51 AM

The only players that were at less risk of injury than the qb's were the running backs. Poor guys barely got the ball. The game is a joke and all the empty seats proved it.

Maybe they should give the winning conference an extra draft pick, stadium choice/home field advantage (for following years superbowl) Some kind of incentive to have a real game.

The pro bowl reminds me of when I played the 8-bit tecmo superbowl. (minus the rushing)

jakobn89 01-30-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t (Post 992080)
The only players that were at less risk of injury than the qb's were the running backs. Poor guys barely got the ball. The game is a joke and all the empty seats proved it.

Maybe they should give the winning conference an extra draft pick, stadium choice/home field advantage (for following years superbowl) Some kind of incentive to have a real game.

The pro bowl reminds me of when I played the 8-bit tecmo superbowl. (minus the rushing)

You can't build the playoff-rankings around Pro Bowl. The only incentive that would work is to reward the players with more money.

Millers the sh!t 01-30-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobn89 (Post 992102)
You can't build the playoff-rankings around Pro Bowl. The only incentive that would work is to reward the players with more money.

Playoff rankings???? I'm saying if the afc won the pro bowl, the following superbowl would be played in a random afc stadium. Etc.

Kingmagyar 01-30-2012 07:14 AM

Ryan Clark actually was named to the pro bowl roster after Ed Reed backed out, well after Troy backed out.

Brian Dawkins got Troy's spot when he backed out.

Troy probably wishes he wouldn't have backed out after he heard that Ryan Clark made the team, but it was to late to change his mind as Dawkins had accepted already.

Curtain_of_Steel 01-30-2012 07:39 AM

Troy had planned speaking engagements? Or commercial filmings? lol Seems his media life trumps football in 2011/2012.

Usually speaker deals are in advance, and one would've hoped we would not plan deals around the SuperBowl week which we intended oin playing in.

King: Exactly, Reed went out, Clark came in.

ricardisimo 01-30-2012 10:07 AM

I don't get it... since when do free safeties take the spot of strong safeties?

Wallace108 01-30-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t (Post 992116)
Playoff rankings???? I'm saying if the afc won the pro bowl, the following superbowl would be played in a random afc stadium. Etc.

Not a horrible idea, but it takes more than a year to coordinate a Super Bowl.
It wouldn't happen though. Too much money involved.

6RingsAndCounting 01-30-2012 04:03 PM

They're better off just scrapping the game and just giving players the title of "Pro Bowler"