Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My Mock 2.0 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=86204)

BKAnthem 02-03-2012 10:58 AM

My Mock 2.0
 
1-Mike Adams - Ohio State- OT
Adams is a tall but linear tackle that possess good athletic ability. His athletic ability and quick feet allow him to protect the edge and adjust to counter moves. He plays with good leverage and uses his hands to get inside the defender and lock him out. Adams has a good all around game and is able to hold up in pass coverage and create running space.

2- Kevin Zeitler - Wisconsin-OG
Prototype Badger interior offensive lineman with 22 career starts to date; weight-room star with excellent strength who is a real mauler at the point of attack; also has some short-area quickness and good leg drive; stays low and plays to the whistle;


3-Emmanuel Acho, Texas- ILB
Isnít a dynamic straight-line athlete, but plays faster because of instincts. Is a good tackler, can shed blocks and plays stronger than his frame would indicate. Has the versatility to play a number of spots in a 4-3 scheme or get some looks inside in a 34. Looks like a future starter in the NFL either way."


4-DaJohn Harris - Southern California-DT
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on DaJohn Harris:
"Is a bit taller than most typical USC defensive tackles, but still possesses that thick trunk and base. Is a linear pass rusher who possesses a good first step off the football and when he keeps his base down can be very effective/disruptive.

5-Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois-QB
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Chandler Harnish:
"He possesses a solidly put together frame with natural thickness through his mid-section and the girth to take a pounding at the next level. He's a gutsy, tough kid and a "plus" leader who his teammates really seem to rally around. Is a good athlete both in and outside the pocket.

6-Jake Bequette - Arkansas-DE
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Jake Bequette:
"A thick, physically built defensive end prospect who possesses the frame to play the run at the next level. Sits into his stance well and can generate leverage off the snap. However, lacks a great first step when trying to reach the corner.

7-Keith Tandy - West Virginia-DB
"Tandy's size and physicality hides the fact he is one of the more successful passers in Kentucky high school history (8,609 career passing yards, 90 touchdowns). WVU coaches saw his four interceptions as a senior, however, and thought his best chance to make an impact would be on the defensive side of the ball--a seemingly wise move after his play the past couple of seasons.[/B

ItalianSteelersFan178443 02-03-2012 01:58 PM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BKAnthem (Post 993874)
1-Mike Adams - Ohio State- OT
Adams is a tall but linear tackle that possess good athletic ability. His athletic ability and quick feet allow him to protect the edge and adjust to counter moves. He plays with good leverage and uses his hands to get inside the defender and lock him out. Adams has a good all around game and is able to hold up in pass coverage and create running space.

2- Kevin Zeitler - Wisconsin-OG
Prototype Badger interior offensive lineman with 22 career starts to date; weight-room star with excellent strength who is a real mauler at the point of attack; also has some short-area quickness and good leg drive; stays low and plays to the whistle;


3-Emmanuel Acho, Texas- ILB
Isnít a dynamic straight-line athlete, but plays faster because of instincts. Is a good tackler, can shed blocks and plays stronger than his frame would indicate. Has the versatility to play a number of spots in a 4-3 scheme or get some looks inside in a 34. Looks like a future starter in the NFL either way."


4-DaJohn Harris - Southern California-DT
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on DaJohn Harris:
"Is a bit taller than most typical USC defensive tackles, but still possesses that thick trunk and base. Is a linear pass rusher who possesses a good first step off the football and when he keeps his base down can be very effective/disruptive.

5-Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois-QB
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Chandler Harnish:
"He possesses a solidly put together frame with natural thickness through his mid-section and the girth to take a pounding at the next level. He's a gutsy, tough kid and a "plus" leader who his teammates really seem to rally around. Is a good athlete both in and outside the pocket.

6-Jake Bequette - Arkansas-DE
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Jake Bequette:
"A thick, physically built defensive end prospect who possesses the frame to play the run at the next level. Sits into his stance well and can generate leverage off the snap. However, lacks a great first step when trying to reach the corner.

7-Keith Tandy - West Virginia-DB
"Tandy's size and physicality hides the fact he is one of the more successful passers in Kentucky high school history (8,609 career passing yards, 90 touchdowns). WVU coaches saw his four interceptions as a senior, however, and thought his best chance to make an impact would be on the defensive side of the ball--a seemingly wise move after his play the past couple of seasons.[/B

I really like Adams with the first pick, but we need a NT bad! If they take Adams I'll be very happy but I think they'll take a NT first. Zeitler is another great pick too and he fills the biggest need on the offense. I'm not too high on Acho, I really think we could get a better ILB, but he is definitely worth a shot. Not too that they'll get their NT of the future in the 4th, I don't anything on this kid though. They definitely will not take a QB this season with other glaring holes on the team QB is fine for now, I could see them getting another LB in the 5th. Bequette had an alright season, injuries hurt his chances of going in the first 4 rounds and if he would have declared last season he would have easily been a 3rd rd pick. Tandy had a decent year, but I think they'll be better DB's in the 7th.

Bayz101 02-03-2012 02:18 PM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Mike Adams probably won't be there by the time the 24th selection comes around, but that sure would be great.

BKAnthem 02-23-2012 02:16 PM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianSteelersFan178443 (Post 993919)
I really like Adams with the first pick, but we need a NT bad! If they take Adams I'll be very happy but I think they'll take a NT first. Zeitler is another great pick too and he fills the biggest need on the offense. I'm not too high on Acho, I really think we could get a better ILB, but he is definitely worth a shot. Not too that they'll get their NT of the future in the 4th, I don't anything on this kid though. They definitely will not take a QB this season with other glaring holes on the team QB is fine for now, I could see them getting another LB in the 5th. Bequette had an alright season, injuries hurt his chances of going in the first 4 rounds and if he would have declared last season he would have easily been a 3rd rd pick. Tandy had a decent year, but I think they'll be better DB's in the 7th.

This is a Dline deep draft...we can get a NT later...especially with a coach like Mitchell...

fujirama24 02-24-2012 10:57 AM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Not bad. But we have to get a NT in this draft. I don't see anyone of the FA's being worth paying for. As for tandy I think he will be gone by the 4th round.

El-Gonzo Jackson 02-24-2012 11:25 AM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
I'd be happy with Poe, Zeitler, Acho with the first 3 picks. Then can look at Kelemente in the 4th maybe. Adams scares me as another Chris Williams type athlete.

pete74 02-25-2012 08:24 AM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Mike Adams has been suspended twice, has injury concerns and only put up 19 reps on the bench. No thanx. Maybe in the 3rd round

El-Gonzo Jackson 02-25-2012 11:39 AM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 999967)
Mike Adams has been suspended twice, has injury concerns and only put up 19 reps on the bench. No thanx. Maybe in the 3rd round

I think somebody is gonna take him in the later half of the 1st round. I just hope it isnt the Steelers.

BKAnthem 02-25-2012 12:43 PM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 999967)
Mike Adams has been suspended twice, has injury concerns and only put up 19 reps on the bench. No thanx. Maybe in the 3rd round

He's grown up since then...and he's strong enough on Tape...

pete74 02-25-2012 01:11 PM

Re: My Mock 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BKAnthem (Post 1000020)
He's grown up since then...and he's strong enough on Tape...

Benching 19 times may work at the college level for him but he has to hit the weight room if he wants to make it in the NFL and i wouldnt risk a first round pick on him. I understand benching isnt everything but that ontop of him hurting his knee, foot and shoulder on seperate occasions and being suspended twice i would pass on him in the 1st


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum