Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Even more reason to root for N.Y in XLVI (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=86311)

StainlessStill 02-05-2012 12:58 PM

Even more reason to root for N.Y in XLVI

Here is a post on one of my boards I visit quite frequently. Posters of all teams in our NFL Thread that gets as heated as it comes. There's 2 very arrogant Pats fans in there that are as confrontational as it gets. One of them guys, the Patriots never, ever, ever lose. He's one of those "refs" guys and one of those " I know the game better than you" fans. Typical straight up arrogant HOMER.

Here's his prediction on the game:

Quote:

This is the 7th SB I've been subject to watching from this franchise. The Bears stomped them. Desmond Howard shoved a dagger in my chest, and the zebras ripped the last one from my chest. That being said, this team just knows how to win. You can bring up the Tuck Rule (too bad, so sad - the rule is the rule. Even *I* don't agree with it, but it's a rule - deal with it), you can bring up Spygate (technically breaking the rules, but most people don't even know the rule here. They just climb on the jealousy bandwagon and mouth off about things they know nothing about). This team wasn't supposed to beat the Greatest Team on Turf - they did. They won all 3 SBs by a field goal, again....so what. You don't get points for style, or margin of victory.

This NY team shouldn't even be in this game. But they righted the mid-season shipwreck, and now they are here. This NY team isn't THAT good. They have talented players at individual positions, but all in all - they aren't all that. Their defense is heaps better than their offense. I still don't trust Eli in the big game. His SB win was an anomoly, gift wrapped by Goodell. Now both brothers have hardware...

My prediction? NY will struggle to score 21 points, and their defense will struggle to keep NE below 30. It is what it is gentlemen. Don't trick yourself into making the ***** choice of picking NY, because you can't recognize what's really going on. Ask yourself what your choice would be if O'Hara was called for holding Seymour in SB42, and NE had rightfully won that game...so based on a non-call (refs had THREE holding calls to pick from on that ONE play, in fact), you are picking NY? Good Luck with that.

NE - 38
NY - 17

Lets go G-MEN!

4xSBChamps 02-05-2012 03:42 PM

Re: Even more reason to root for N.Y in XLVI

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...etwithlogo.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...WithCamera.jpg

GMU Steeler 02-05-2012 04:26 PM

They shouldn't even be in this game? I guess Pats fan is forgetting that if Lee Evans doesn't get a case of the dropsies, it's the Ravens in the game and if Cundiff makes the FG, who knows. Love their fans and players arrogance. I think it will be close but ultimately the Pats D won't be enough to stop the Giants and their D has shown that they can get in Brady's head.

tanda10506 02-06-2012 03:31 AM

You should read there forums now lol. Half of it is how spygate didnt matter and only a**holes bring it up and the other half is "the Steelers lost to Denver so they will never beat us again". They were talking to about Harrison and Clarks tweets saying things like "rapists never win" & "the Steelers just need excuses". I laughed my ass off when a Chargers fan on their board said :"the Steelers are 6-2 in the SB and the Pats are 3-4". The next pats fan to comment said "we always beat the Steelers" and the Chargers fan responded by saying "Didnt they beat you this year?" The whole thread blew up with hatred and nonsense after that lol.

Bayz101 02-06-2012 03:49 AM

I find it funny that they struggled to score 17, lol.

After watching that game it seems to me they weren't the teams that deserved to be there, either way. I fell asleep during Madonna's halftime, and woke up to read the news of who won.

I am glad the Giants won though.

BigRick 02-06-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 994735)
You should read there forums now lol. Half of it is how spygate didnt matter and only a**holes bring it up and the other half is "the Steelers lost to Denver so they will never beat us again". They were talking to about Harrison and Clarks tweets saying things like "rapists never win" & "the Steelers just need excuses". I laughed my ass off when a Chargers fan on their board said :"the Steelers are 6-2 in the SB and the Pats are 3-4". The next pats fan to comment said "we always beat the Steelers" and the Chargers fan responded by saying "Didnt they beat you this year?" The whole thread blew up with hatred and nonsense after that lol.

I guess they just can't face the truth. And as far as spygate not being a big thing and everybody does it, how come the Cheatriots were the only team penalized for it?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LambertWardSteel 02-06-2012 04:19 AM

Has this guy replied since the loss?

He was right the Giants struggled to score 21 but missed the pats score by a wide margin.

Funny how he brings up the non holding calls that cost them the last SB and tries to sugar coat Spygate and make it seem irrelevant.