Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Let's make the NFL more exciting. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=86362)

Kanata-Steeler 02-06-2012 09:03 AM

Let's make the NFL more exciting.

Suggestions to Mr. Godell:

1./ Throw a "ROCK at Godell's head" -as suggested, in this thread, by Bayz.
:applaudit:

2./ Bring the Field-Goal Posts closer together, by atleast 2 feet per side. !?

I'm sick of games being decided by an FG from over half-way down a field. This'll force the Offensive team to atleast "TRY" to fight it's way closer, and therefore "earn" it's shot at an FG.

3./ your turn .... ?

Bayz101 02-06-2012 09:08 AM

Re: Let's make the NFL more exciting.

Why isn't the option "Throw a rock at Goodell's head" in this??

Kanata-Steeler 02-06-2012 09:11 AM

good idea: I "edited" that in.
Thanks.

Bayz101 02-06-2012 09:14 AM

:thumbsup::chuckle:

1st&Goal 02-06-2012 12:26 PM

Get the entire home team stadium to chant "Bellicheat, Bellicheat, Bellicheat" every time the Cheats come in to play. Do this until he kills himself.

Ricco Suavez 02-08-2012 04:32 PM

I like the idea of goal posts being "narrowed" in to put a premium on accuracy. This would make the idea of playing for a FG in the late moments of a game for a win instead of scoring a TD an iffier proposition.

I would like the Pass Interference rule to change to a yardage foul and not a point of foul. Maybe a five to ten yd penalty, also on Offensive PI make it a five yd penalty and loss of down, hey , why should the defenders be the only ones who have to play hands off.

One thing I think will be addressed is the hitting of WRs. Hits to the helmet will be looked at even harder, but since James Harrison took out the Broncos WR with a low hit, (something he has said the rules were going to force him to do and perfectly legal) I think the league will look into those type hits also. James even told the league the hits to the knees were more career threatening type hits.

Fire Arians 02-08-2012 04:40 PM

limit the defense to 9 people, vs 12 for offense. goodell apparently wants to make this game high scoring and without qb's getting hit. putting the defense at that big a disadvantage makes it impossible to blitz and cover everyone at the same time, meaning qb's never get hit.

change roughing the qb to a 50 yard penalty, and pass interference is an automatic touchdown

oh wait, was this a thread on how to make this game better, or how you think the direction of the game is going with goodell in charge?

FanSince72 02-08-2012 04:51 PM

Put curbs on the sidelines.

No particular reason for that. I just think it would make things interesting. :noidea: