Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Immaculate Reception Game (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=86471)

bleacher 02-07-2012 03:41 PM

Immaculate Reception Game

Hey there! I'm a producer for Bleacher Report and am looking to do a short video piece on the Immaculate Reception game from the perspective of the fans....I'm trying to find fans that actually attended the game.....if any of you were there to actually experience it, please message me! I'll be coming to Pittsburgh in the coming weeks and would love to interview a few people!

Thanks!

Bayz101 02-07-2012 03:43 PM

Re: Immaculate Reception Game

Good luck man, i'm sure there's a few attendees around here.

RowHH 02-07-2012 06:19 PM

Oh, how I've waited for this moment :)

Bayz101 02-07-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowHH (Post 995575)
Oh, how I've waited for this moment :)

Good luck with it man :thumbsup:

Must've been great to witness that moment.

RowHH 02-07-2012 06:39 PM

Thanks. I was only 7 years old, but honest to heaven, I remember it. Unfortunately I also remember parts of the following week's game -- the loss to the undefeated Dolphins, which I also attended. Larry F*#@!ng Seiple. Still not over it.

Atlanta Dan 02-07-2012 07:09 PM

Sitting in the upper deck in the end zone away from the river with my Dad on my birthday - Franco came running toward us

stb_steeler 02-07-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowHH (Post 995579)
Thanks. I was only 7 years old, but honest to heaven, I remember it. Unfortunately I also remember parts of the following week's game -- the loss to the undefeated Dolphins, which I also attended. Larry F*#@!ng Seiple. Still not over it.

I was 8 at the time and i also remember as it were yesterday. I have never heard 3 rivers so loud for being on tv.....

LVSteelersfan 02-07-2012 08:35 PM

I was not there but I remember it like it was yesterday. Absolutely incredible game. One of my favorites ever. I thought the game was over and all of a sudden Franco was running untouched down the field. Unbelievable. I was probably about 15 or 16 at the time and was a huge Steeler and Pirate fan despite living in Montana.

StainlessStill 02-07-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleacher (Post 995490)
Hey there! I'm a producer for Bleacher Report and am looking to do a short video piece on the Immaculate Reception game from the perspective of the fans....I'm trying to find fans that actually attended the game.....if any of you were there to actually experience it, please message me! I'll be coming to Pittsburgh in the coming weeks and would love to interview a few people!

Thanks!

My father would be the PERFECT candidate. He tells his story flawlessly. Heard him tell it around 500 times and it never gets old. The Immaculate Reception was his first game and he was 16 years old. The story is priceless. My favorite of ALL TIME. He went with my Grandfather, my Grandmother and his 2 brothers, all teens. Their seats were in peanut heaven, but him and his brothers took off and started heading down to the lower sections during the final minutes.

All 3 of them were apart of rushing the field when Franco scored and stood next to Joe Greene on the kickoff because they ordered everyone off the field because there was still time on the clock and they had to kickoff. He said a beer man was jumping up and down when Franco was running it in and he was literally scooping the quarters off of the ground because change was falling out of his pouches.

He said he had to of accumulated atleast $15.00 in quarters. He said it was just pandemonium. Loudest he's ever seen. Good stuff. My uncle still has his ticket stub.

RowHH 02-08-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

My uncle still has his ticket stub
My lone regret from that game and that era. I did save a few from other games in the 70s (we had season tickets ... still do, actually) but even those are torn and therefore missing some key information. Too bad scanners weren't used in those days.