Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   First rounder for one trick poney? Take it!!!!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87220)

chitownpit 02-26-2012 06:24 PM

First rounder for one trick poney? Take it!!!!!!

After 3/4 's of last season i saw a frustrated(soft) mike wallace, his trick taken
from him ,he slowly crumbled under pressure. Antiono Brown has no bags of tricks.
He stepped up,took the pressure off wallace and emerged.He really took over as bens first option at the end of last year.So dump him,sign cochery, cut hines(ouch).
We take the best guard availble at 24th, we use wallaces first round to take
a nose tackle. NOT A ILB!!!!!!!!!! Now our two biggest problems are cured
for ten years. A nose tackle makes a 3-4 work, it allowes the linebackers
to do there job,take one in the third round and the talent really drops off. I like 3
of these guys playing for us in this draft and they all will be gone in the late 2nd round

Now were in the second round and can still get some really good inside linebackers! And both lines are taken care of. Now i keep looking reciever but
this draft is so deep that we can get good quality in later rounds.Theres a lot
of depth there this year.
I like a FS , somebody that can shore up speaical teams.
4--- 7 are the hardest rounds for me, and really thats where the Steelers really
have kept themselves competitive over the years. coming up with 6th,7th round
gems.

60_MINUTES 02-26-2012 06:32 PM

Re: First rounder for one trick poney? Take it!!!!!!

I agree that If wallace leaves it wont be the worst thing ever because we are deep at WR ( if people stay healthy and we resign Crochery ) but I do have a problem with everyone acting as if Wallace is a one trick pony that will not be missed.. This is just a thought but maybe just maybe Brown is open underneath because there is not a team in the league dumb enough to not give the CB help over the top against Wallace.. again I agree it wont kill us to miss him cause we need so much more other then WR... but make no mistake about it Wallace is damn good for sure

19ward86 02-26-2012 06:44 PM

Wallace was double covered practically every play. It will be different next season if he comes back because Antonio Brown is not a secret anymore. Especially if we utilize the TE position more. Could really surpise people how a TE and a second big time reciever can open up the offense.

chitownpit 02-26-2012 06:47 PM

oh i think he is great, but i also think bens biggest weakness in the passing
game is his long ball. Bradey would have connected on an open wallace
7-8 more times last year. throwing away downs to keep brown open
over the middle doesnt work for me

chitownpit 02-26-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19ward86 (Post 1000124)
Wallace was double covered practically every play. It will be different next season if he comes back because Antonio Brown is not a secret anymore. Especially if we utilize the TE position more. Could really surpise people how a TE and a second big time reciever can open up the offense.

Please throw Heath the ball!!!! it would help the whole fricken offense

chitownpit 02-26-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES (Post 1000123)
I agree that If wallace leaves it wont be the worst thing ever because we are deep at WR ( if people stay healthy and we resign Crochery ) but I do have a problem with everyone acting as if Wallace is a one trick pony that will not be missed.. This is just a thought but maybe just maybe Brown is open underneath because there is not a team in the league dumb enough to not give the CB help over the top against Wallace.. again I agree it wont kill us to miss him cause we need so much more other then WR... but make no mistake about it Wallace is damn good for sure

I forgot , he runs a decent 5 yard out, terrible at using his body to fend
off defenders. Gives up on plays, doesnt know his rout assignments, and
i cant stand for that.

chitownpit 02-26-2012 07:02 PM

Steve Smith cant outrun anybody but he catches balls 70 yards downfield every game
with a double team on him every day. Your telling me Wallace cant produce cause nobody
respected brown, the whole league respected brown the playoffs 2010. The fricken
fantasy leagues were creaming over him last year

El-Gonzo Jackson 02-26-2012 07:28 PM

Cant throw a long ball if your O line cant block. If you dont have the O line, then you should not be drawing up plays that require a 5-7 step drop and take a long time to develop.

Wallace is a keeper, he will be kept. There are lots of OG's in the draft and I can easily see the Steelers drafting an ILB or NT in the 1st round.

chitownpit 02-26-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19ward86 (Post 1000124)

sure, ask payton manning, opens up even the run

chitownpit 02-26-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 1000133)
Cant throw a long ball if your O line cant block. If you dont have the O line, then you should not be drawing up plays that require a 5-7 step drop and take a long time to develop.

Wallace is a keeper, he will be kept. There are lots of OG's in the draft and I can easily see the Steelers drafting an ILB or NT in the 1st round.

i think ilb is the easiest place to hide a weakness on a defense
maybe not the 3-4 cause of assignments but personally would never
spend a first round on one.