Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How do you feel? Hines Ward (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87334)

therocksteeler 03-01-2012 04:57 AM

How do you feel? Hines Ward

After reading and being a part of numerous blogs, forums groups focused on trying to sway Steelers organization to keep Hines Ward .... he is to be released. I have to ask my respected members here what do you guys think of this?

hinesforever 03-01-2012 10:43 PM

Re: How do you feel? Hines Ward

BIG MISTAKE !!!!! The man was willing to take a pay cut, said he wanted to retire a Steeler, all after giving over a decade of his life to an organization that prides itself on dedication to the city of Pittsburgh. . This news is disappointing to say the least. We all know that it is about the almighty dollar and what the younger players can do, HOWEVER, Hines Ward is a fan favorite and one of the Steelers that people like and WATCH even if they don't like the Steelers. Rooney family PLLLEEASSEE reconsider and KEEP Hines Ward, let him retire as he wished a forever black and gold bleeding Pittsburgh Steeler.

Bayz101 03-01-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinesforever (Post 1000908)
BIG MISTAKE !!!!! The man was willing to take a pay cut, said he wanted to retire a Steeler, all after giving over a decade of his life to an organization that prides itself on dedication to the city of Pittsburgh. . This news is disappointing to say the least. We all know that it is about the almighty dollar and what the younger players can do, HOWEVER, Hines Ward is a fan favorite and one of the Steelers that people like and WATCH even if they don't like the Steelers. Rooney family PLLLEEASSEE reconsider and KEEP Hines Ward, let him retire as he wished a forever black and gold bleeding Pittsburgh Steeler.

Hines never said he'd take a pay-cut, he said he'd be willing to restructure his current contract. There's a huge difference in the two, but I think he would have either way if it was brought up to him.

steelersflow 03-24-2012 12:31 PM

Feel like Mannings choice overshadowed Wards announcment :(

sluggermatt15 08-14-2012 07:41 PM

Ward should have been given a chance. I wasn't a fan of the team just letting him go. Especially for all Hines has done on the field. Big mistake.

On the other hand, you have to credit the organization for the move. What did Ward do after the Steelers released him? He retired. It's not like he signed elsewhere and is another team's #1 WR...