Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time For Dan Rooney!!!!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87370)

Goldsteel86 03-01-2012 05:44 PM

Time For Dan Rooney!!!!!!

Art II has F****d it up enough, its time for the Ambassador to take over. I'll bet "The Chief" is turning over in his grave after the release of Hines Ward and for money, Art II is nothing like his namesake!

finesward 03-01-2012 06:27 PM

Re: Time For Dan Rooney!!!!!!

:doh:

:hug: Chill out dude, this day was going to come sooner than later. Logically it just didn't make sense to keep a guy who can no longer play at a high level. Anyone who loves Hines has to agree it was painful watching him play last year. It was a very unmemorable year as far as big blocks, big catches, and smiles.

pittpete 03-01-2012 06:36 PM

Guy was moved down to the #5 receiver last year,
Coaches decision last year.
Think about it.
We make the difficult moves which keeps us competitive year after year.

vasteeler 03-01-2012 06:41 PM

sorry dude but....:buttkick:

tanda10506 03-01-2012 07:18 PM

I thought we should have kept Ward for vet minimum, but this is how the FO has always done things and it's a big reason we are always on top. Sad to see Smith and Ward go, but they had long careers, Dan wouldnt do things differently, they had to go.

Go 'Lers 03-01-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 (Post 1000797)
Art II has F****d it up enough, its time for the Ambassador to take over. I'll bet "The Chief" is turning over in his grave after the release of Hines Ward and for money, Art II is nothing like his namesake!

I'm sorry dude, but I'm glad you don't run the team.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are still a business, not a charity case. They make these moves to put us in prime position for another Super Bowl, not put on publicity stunts at the expense of building a competitive team.

I wish you heard Colin Cowherd on the radio this morning. His message to Steelers fans overreacting to the news was "this is why fans don't run sports teams"

Bayz101 03-01-2012 07:42 PM

http://cdn.cgdata.com/team/74543/log...AD-BRO1gqf.jpg

60_MINUTES 03-01-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 (Post 1000797)

Relax man... we are all sad but it was time.. he is a 5th receiver that just cant get it done anymore.. it come down between he and Crochery I would expect and you have to take Crochery... as far as Dan and the Chief and those comments..........................

I guess you dont remember Franco Harris ( played for the seahawks ) how about Webster ( played for Chiefs ) those and many others the Steelers moved on from.. Yes it hurts and I still wish they could have worked out a vet min and maybe made him play some special teams I swear hines could and would do it... but as far as a response to your post and what Dan Rooney would do... again I say to you Franco Harris... its not Art 2s fault.. its the steeler way...
By the way we are loyal ( we got him his 1000 catches on B.S plays... We carried Bettis on a year that we never needed him and others we stay loyal to as well... Its just time for Hines to move on man... 14 years in the league bud. :drink:

6RingsAndCounting 03-01-2012 08:21 PM

Why would we waste a roster spot on a 4th or 5th receiver who couldn't play special teams?

figg 03-01-2012 09:17 PM

He couldn't get open anymore. Mostly every pass to him was forced. He will be missed but it was time to move on.