Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Its a sad time... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87427)

joeyssteelcurtain 03-02-2012 05:19 PM

Its a sad time...

I am 29 years old. So i was raised up on 86 Hines ward... I was there for his prime... And he is the best at what he does.. And yes he is a lock at the HOF..... It is going to be hard to look at the steelers this year with out 86 out there......

Steeler nation .. Will miss u 86

FanSince72 03-02-2012 10:20 PM

Re: Its a sad time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyssteelcurtain (Post 1001106)
I am 29 years old. So i was raised up on 86 Hines ward... I was there for his prime... And he is the best at what he does.. And yes he is a lock at the HOF..... It is going to be hard to look at the steelers this year with out 86 out there......

I hear you brutha!

I was raised on the Steelers of the 70's and I felt the same way when "The Greatest Team In The History of Modern Football" began to break apart as one by one all of my heroes retired or moved on.

I know exactly how you feel and I know I have history on my side when I say this, but even though there will never be another Hines Ward, there WILL be plenty of memories yet to fill up the lifetime you have ahead of you.

Back in the day when that great team faded away, I never thought I'd be able to get excited about the Steelers football again.

I was wrong.

Buddha Bus 03-02-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince72 (Post 1001149)
I hear you brutha!

I was raised on the Steelers of the 70's and I felt the same way when "The Greatest Team In The History of Modern Football" began to break apart as one by one all of my heroes retired or moved on.

I know exactly how you feel and I know I have history on my side when I say this, but even though there will never be another Hines Ward, there WILL be plenty of memories yet to fill up the lifetime you have ahead of you.

Back in the day when that great team faded away, I never thought I'd be able to get excited about the Steelers football again.

I was wrong.

Too bad you had to struggle through the 80s though. :chuckle:

tanda10506 03-03-2012 02:23 AM

It sucks seeing Farrior and Smith go to, great Steelers. But with Hines it's different, Hines is the definition of Steelers football. It's terrible to see him go, especially since I disagree with it, but it is what it is. If "Steelers football" was a word in the dictionary there would be no words just 4 names: Green, Lambert, Lloyd, and Ward, and by those names the definition would be understood. I will always wear #86!

FanSince72 03-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1001150)
Too bad you had to struggle through the 80s though. :chuckle:

Yeah, well, I didn't say there wouldn't be a price to pay.

But at least when Brister took over, the whole thing about Terry and spelling C-A-T was put to bed. :applaudit:

stb_steeler 03-03-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyssteelcurtain (Post 1001106)

What really would be hard is to see him playing for another team.
Man i cant bare the thought.:pde:

BigBen7Jakob 03-07-2012 09:07 PM

Hines Ward is becoming slow, its a hard loss- but we just have to accept it :(
We'll never have a reciever like him again. He's probally my favorite Steeler player... Farrior, Smith, and possibly Wallace are being released too. And I'm scared without Ward. :pde:

finesward 03-07-2012 09:23 PM

Besides being a smart, sure handed WR..hines was a football player. He is in a class by himself when it comes to the physicality and toughness he brought to that position. Can anyone really think of any other WR who could do all the things a WR is supposed to do AND strike fear into defenders? not the fear of being scored on, the fear of getting decleated...

It was sad to see him decline last year, and any good fan would love for a comeback story for him not unlike Bettis got, but it just was not in the cards. His story should of ended with our last Super Bowl, but you can't really blame him for thinking he had a couple more years in the tank.

Fire Arians 03-08-2012 10:59 AM

i wouldn't say it's a sad time unless we have a losing season.

yes it sucks to lose hines but i won't lose sleep over it. he makes more money in a year than most of us will make in our lifetime. I can't bring myself to feed bad for someone who has it that good.

with that said, thanks for the memories hines

FrancoLambert 03-08-2012 04:57 PM

OK, enough with this crying over Hines.:crying01:
It's time for him to retire, none of this "1 more year at best with a rival." :mad:
He should't do anything to cheapen his Steeler legacy (and he's lucky to have a good one). :tt02:
Go down as one of those legendary players who only played for 1 team, one of the greatest franchises in sports history. :tt:
What's to gain by going one more year and sucking? It's tough to leave, but it's time. Just look at last year. :noidea: