Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free agent running backs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87464)

buzzkill 03-04-2012 08:01 AM

Free agent running backs

Steelers should look to sign mike Tolbert from San Diego. The just want to win and play. He is big, quick feet and doesn't complain. Would be very good addition.

Steelerfreak58 03-04-2012 08:35 AM

Re: Free agent running backs

Redman, Clay, and Dwyer.

FrancoLambert 03-04-2012 08:40 AM

RB need = one of our lowest priorities this year.
We have much weaker units than at the RB position.

Curtain_of_Steel 03-04-2012 08:44 AM

Agree one of the lowest. Their is a long line of servicable RB's out there, and paying much more than 1-1.5mill would be over paying for a RB at this point. Use the money to heop the oline, but than again, we won't, lol.

PhantomJB93 03-04-2012 02:12 PM

While I don't really think we need anything more at RB right now, and signing Tolbert would be a luxury with our cap situation, I LOVE Mike Tolbert. I remember watching him play a couple times last year and thinking "This is the closest thing I've seen to Jerome Bettis since...Jerome Bettis."

tanda10506 03-04-2012 03:31 PM

If we pick up some good lineman, specifically guards, in the draft of FA, I think Redman will have a huge season. I want to see more of Clay too, we don't need another big back with him. Plus Baron Batch will be back, we have 5 RB's as it stands going into the season, 6 if you count Mendy, even if they cut MM, we still have plenty of RB's.

Bayz101 03-04-2012 03:44 PM

Yeah...Running back isn't a weak point at all with this team, and neither is Wide receiver, with or without Wallace. Both line's and linebacking corps will be addressed.

6RingsAndCounting 03-04-2012 03:57 PM

Only if he plays for free.

steeltheone 03-04-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1001361)
Yeah...Running back isn't a weak point at all with this team, and neither is Wide receiver, with or without Wallace. Both line's and linebacking corps will be addressed.

Without Mendy it is sure not a strength.....Redman with 110 carries....Moore 22 for 157 yds....Dwyer 16 - 123 yds...Clay 10 -141 Batch 0 - 0

Moore older gets hurt...Dwyer gets hurt unproven....Clay unproven.....Batch Gets hurt unproven.

Can Redman handle 200 plus carries?

Without Mendy you would be hard pressed to give this group as a hole a passing grade. C maybe?

Kingmagyar 03-04-2012 04:26 PM

I was curious that the Steelers met with a potential 4th or 5th round pick

Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
Height: 5-10. Weight: 197.
40 Time: 4.41. 10-Yd Split: 1.50

If the team does take a back it probably will be a guy with speed like this to utilize on 3rd down and in the open field on short passes. True they have a stable of RBs but all are big backs with Batch or Spann being the exception and they run in the 4.5's.

Haley had Dexter McCluster in KC and utilized him very well catching 46 balls last year. Maybe the Steelers miss a little of that Willie Parker ability to score from anywhere on the field.

If you lose Mike Wallace another weapon out of the backfield with 4.4 speed isn't a bad option.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...21/isaiah-pead