Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shut up Tony Dungy (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87513)

steeltheone 03-05-2012 11:12 PM

Shut up Tony Dungy

Sticks his nose in everything. Another Jessie Jackson....

tony hipchest 03-05-2012 11:36 PM

Re: Shut up Tony Dungy

i'd rather hear what he has to say. one of my favorite chuck noll students.

lloydwoodson 03-06-2012 12:28 AM

Steeltheone, comparing Dungy to Jackson is racist. You are out of line. Tony Dungy is a sports analyst who gets paid to give his opinion on sports issues. This has nothing to do with Jesse Jackson. Comparing two completely dissimilar people to each other based solely on race is racist. Also, Super bowl winning head coaches get a say in football matters. Your opinion is not important.

tony hipchest 03-06-2012 01:06 AM

i thought it was particularly insightful when he pointed out a game 3 years ago vs the redskins (with greg williams as DC) where peyton manning nearly had his head ripped off.

he sustained some significant hurt that very well coulda led to his multiple neck surgeries.

while i hate goodells pussified league as much as anyone, i certainly dont wanna be robbed of a compelling sb matchup as favre vs manning woulda been.

steeltheone 03-06-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydwoodson (Post 1001561)
Steeltheone, comparing Dungy to Jackson is racist. You are out of line. Tony Dungy is a sports analyst who gets paid to give his opinion on sports issues. This has nothing to do with Jesse Jackson. Comparing two completely dissimilar people to each other based solely on race is racist. Also, Super bowl winning head coaches get a say in football matters. Your opinion is not important.

Has nothing to do with race...I never mentioned race...You did...My point is he is into evertything..Vick, etc.

The Only reason he is relevant is Payton Manning.

steeltheone 03-06-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1001565)
i thought it was particularly insightful when he pointed out a game 3 years ago vs the redskins (with greg williams as DC) where peyton manning nearly had his head ripped off.

he sustained some significant hurt that very well coulda led to his multiple neck surgeries.

while i hate goodells pussified league as much as anyone, i certainly dont wanna be robbed of a compelling sb matchup as favre vs manning woulda been.

Its gotta be one way or the other...Harrison, Lloyd, Lambert type players play to rip your head off and hand it to you. Thats just the way they play. Nothing personal.

tony hipchest 03-06-2012 05:13 PM

nobody is talkin about lambert, lloyd, or harrison.

TRH 03-06-2012 05:14 PM

Dungy HAS annoyed me from time to time with some of his analyst comments, but nothing major. However.....this time he has a point. The bounty system could very well have contributed to Peyton's injury and Manning actually thought the guy tried to twist his head off. Dungy has a good point this time. A very good point.

harrison'samonster 03-06-2012 05:20 PM

I like Dungy, he's a good guy. I would listen to the man, plus he comes from the Steelers family tree.

Christian Snyder 03-06-2012 06:08 PM

I like Tony Dungy; He is an all around good guy, and knows A LOT about football, naturally.