Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   breaking news - Peyton & Colts to part ways (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87541)

TRH 03-06-2012 05:12 PM

breaking news - Peyton & Colts to part ways

Press conference tomorrow. Wonder where the Colts wanted that bonus payment to end up at for him to stay instead of the mega $28 million

tony hipchest 03-06-2012 05:14 PM

Re: breaking news - Peyton & Colts to part ways

....look good............black and gold............vet minimum...

tony hipchest 03-06-2012 05:15 PM

i'd like to see him go to the cardinals.

TRH 03-06-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1001636)
....look good............black and gold............vet minimum...

haha. He would, wouldn't he?

My guess is that he's still going to command top dollar and will still get a VERY hefty salary. It will be interesting to see if Miami makes the run at him.

harrison'samonster 03-06-2012 05:19 PM

now if a team is interested, will they have to pick up his current contract? If he goes to a team that's a contender he could put them over the top.

TRH 03-06-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1001639)
now if a team is interested, will they have to pick up his current contract? If he goes to a team that's a contender he could put them over the top.

as of now, the speculation is Miami and Arizona.

harrison'samonster 03-06-2012 05:26 PM

Miami's a tough team that's never had a qb since Marino. That would be a crazy division to have to compete in. Patriots, Miami (with Manning), the Jets are tough, and the Bills can surprise you.

tony hipchest 03-06-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1001639)

since he has been released he is currently under contract. a team can pick him up for whatever he is willing to sign for.

i agree that miami would be the best spot for him, but not if he wants to go to another superbowl. he dont wanna face brady twice a year and settle for 2nd in the division for the remainder of his career.

now in AZ or SEA he has a chance (and would only have to face the patriots in the SB.)

Christian Snyder 03-06-2012 06:02 PM

I think he will end up in Dallas. I think that Jerry Jones realizes that Tony Romeo isn't his franchise QB and will probably pickup Peyton for the interim period, until he drafts a franchise QB.

steeltheone 03-06-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1001637)
i'd like to see him go to the cardinals.

Very well could be...And with Wayne in a package deal.....Makes the Cards a SB CONTENDER!