Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Where should Manning go (poll) UPDATE *Manning selects Denver* (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87572)

BlaZeQuietly 03-07-2012 05:41 PM

Where should Manning go (poll) UPDATE *Manning selects Denver*

As we all know Peyton Manning was released by the Colts. I think everyone knows he will be playing just fine next year so there's a few teams that could use 3-4 solid years from a QB.

Personally, I don't think The Dolphins should do it, its pricey and I think Moore is pretty good, I could see him going there though.

Christian Snyder 03-07-2012 06:05 PM

Re: Where should Manning go (poll)

I think he is going to end up in Dallas. Jerry Jones knows as well as I do that his team is a competent QB away from SB contention.

BlaZeQuietly 03-07-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Snyder (Post 1001765)
I think he is going to end up in Dallas. Jerry Jones knows as well as I do that his team is a competent QB away from SB contention.

Ah yes the Cowboys, forgot about the. I just cant see Peyton in a Dallas uniform though... well maybe.

Christian Snyder 03-07-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1001769)
Ah yes the Cowboys, forgot about the. I just cant see Peyton in a Dallas uniform though... well maybe.

Blue & White to Blue & Silver. Seems reasonable to me.

Atlanta Dan 03-07-2012 07:09 PM

My bet is Arizona (he is not going to play in bad weather at home and IMO will not want to lose to New England by going to Miami or the Jets)

Wherever it is will be on Peyton's terms

Peyton Manning is not going from team to team and working out for each club. He is not running a 40, doing drills and then throwing to a group of strange receivers for 45 minutes. He is not sitting down with an offensive coordinator to hear about the club's offensive philosophy. For all practical purposes, Peyton will be the new offensive coordinator, and the coach can learn the offense when Peyton installs it. :chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...e-on-his-terms

BigBen7Jakob 03-07-2012 08:32 PM

Probally the NY Jets honestly. :noidea: Its good that no-one thinks the Eagles or something. It WOULD be kind of intresting seeing Peyton playing Eli twice a year though.... And funny to see them play in the play-offs :rofl:. So an AFC team that will goto the superbowl! But jets probally. Its a hard decision because Manning is a great quarterback and deserves a good team. I think all the Mannings will end up playing in the NFL, you never know what Cooper might do.

tony hipchest 03-07-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 1001776)
My bet is Arizona (he is not going to play in bad weather at home and IMO will not want to lose to New England by going to Miami or the Jets)

Wherever it is will be on Peyton's terms

Peyton Manning is not going from team to team and working out for each club. He is not running a 40, doing drills and then throwing to a group of strange receivers for 45 minutes. He is not sitting down with an offensive coordinator to hear about the club's offensive philosophy. For all practical purposes, Peyton will be the new offensive coordinator, and the coach can learn the offense when Peyton installs it. :chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...e-on-his-terms

i dont even need to click the link to know thats a pat kirwan article. today on the radio he laid out exactly how this will play out. his agent (tom condon? who has managed his whole career) and him will be interviewing teams not vice versa. there better be a flat rate price they are willing to come to the table with, or they will not even talk to them. the team will assume all risk. payton is not like moss who has something to prove and is tryin to get back in good favor.

he had bill polian on his show today. they said manning would have no problem running any teams offense because he already knows every offense being run in the league today. they went as far to say was already the smartest OC in the league as well. (bruce arians really must have taught him everything he knows).

they said the only thing manning would possibly need to learn was the new verbage, and polian said he would have that down in a couple of days. he then went on to say during the summers peyton wasnt studying colts offense but other offenses around the league. they had 2 former defensive teammates on who said as much as well.

i think he should go to arizona. seattle and kc are in a great situation to land him though and build a playoff team that can go far as well.

lloydwoodson 03-07-2012 11:18 PM

He should go to the Broncos! No two ways about it!

MACH1 03-07-2012 11:54 PM

A warm weather dome team! Gotta be Az. :noidea:

steeltheone 03-08-2012 02:39 AM

Arizonia...Whiz will give him the keys to the Offense with Fitz and Wayne on the ends....decent running game....Good D...smaller media outlet