Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has anyone started a Brandon Jacobs thread yet? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87619)

ricardisimo 03-10-2012 02:17 AM

Has anyone started a Brandon Jacobs thread yet?

Because, you know, it's kind of obligatory around here to push for our team to sign every single free agent out there.

Pentheon 03-10-2012 02:41 AM

Re: Has anyone started a Brandon Jacobs thread yet?

Good point, even though we dont sign big name FAs I really wouldnt mind getting Jacobs, hes a big strong back but dont think we really need him, would just be nice to have.

im happy with redman and mendy

finesward 03-10-2012 06:24 AM

Jacobs is 6'4 version of mendy, too much dancing!!

NO THANKS

steeltheone 03-10-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentheon (Post 1002044)
Good point, even though we dont sign big name FAs I really wouldnt mind getting Jacobs, hes a big strong back but dont think we really need him, would just be nice to have.

im happy with redman and mendy

Good chance Mendy is not even playing this year...A big back would be nice...Tolbert would probably be cheaper.

harrison'samonster 03-10-2012 08:30 AM

One thing I like about Jacobs is that he seems to have a tough attitude. What I don't like about him is that he doesn't seem to run with a tough attitude.

BengalDestroyer 03-10-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1002059)
Good chance Mendy is not even playing this year...A big back would be nice...Tolbert would probably be cheaper.

I'd want Tolbert over Jacobs anyway...

Curtain_of_Steel 03-10-2012 09:09 AM

Tolbert would be cheaper? Jacobs will be playing for minimal amounts this year, Tolbert will and should get more than Jacobs.

FrancoLambert 03-10-2012 09:46 AM

Forget Jacobs.......but what about ILB Gary Brackett?
He might be worth a look since we have a greater need at that position.
Not long term (he's 31) but short term if the price is right and if he can still contribute.

FanSince72 03-10-2012 09:57 AM

If Tolbert is available, I'd go with him over Jacobs.

I've been saying for months that I think Tolbert would be a good fit for us and that he'd be the nearest thing to Bettis since Bettis himself.
In fact, if you put Tolbert in a Steeler uniform and changed his number from 35 to 36, it would be hard to tell him apart from Bettis.
He has a similar straight ahead running style to Bettis and has the size to "push" the line or the block for a couple extra yards.

I'd really like to see us take a shot at Tolbert.

Bayz101 03-10-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancoLambert (Post 1002071)
Forget Jacobs.......but what about ILB Gary Brackett?
He might be worth a look since we have a greater need at that position.
Not long term (he's 31) but short term if the price is right and if he can still contribute.

And what exactly does an inside line backer have to do with Brandon Jacobs? :chuckle: