Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Final cap # set at $120.6 million (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87653)

tony hipchest 03-12-2012 01:57 AM

Final cap # set at $120.6 million

...and steelers still have plenty of work to do. (those wanting to sign a free agent or 2 better be ready to embrace the rookies).

Mark Kaboly‏@MarkKaboly_TribReply

#Steelers are $10.5M under the cap as of now. Tenders to Wallace, Lewis, Foster, DJ, Legursky, Mundy will add $10.82M. You do the math.

“@bjm2401: @MarkKaboly_Trib do they need even more room for draft picks?” approx $5M more but dont have to worry about that until Sept

“@Steelersdepot: I believe the #Steelers have $561,701.00 in roster bonuses that will count against cap" somebody ain't coming back.

Bayz101 03-12-2012 02:03 AM

Re: Final cap # set at $120.6 million

Goodbye, um. Well, who's next to go? I anticipate MeMo leaving, but who else?

tony hipchest 03-12-2012 02:17 AM

hampton and foote (who we have hung our hat on).

if we need, but dont wanna use, there is a j. harrison restructure.

none of the above is a really good scenario.

Bayz101 03-12-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1002243)
hampton and foote (who we have hung our hat on).

if we need, but dont wanna use, there is a j. harrison restructure.

none of the above is a really good scenario.

Steelers seem positive about keeping Hampton, and releasing Foote would almost put money on drafting a ILB in round one, hopefully Hightower. The Harrison restructure makes sense, forgot about that.

BKAnthem 03-12-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1002249)
Steelers seem positive about keeping Hampton, and releasing Foote would almost put money on drafting a ILB in round one, hopefully Hightower. The Harrison restructure makes sense, forgot about that.

Why do that in Rd 1when we have the great Colbert Linebacker draft of 2010 to hang our hats on? At the time there were lots of folks on his board crowing about it so it's time for those "run and hit LB's" as Tomlin put it at the time, to step up......

Curtain_of_Steel 03-12-2012 08:54 AM

They have options, no need to show the cards till you have to make deals.

Kingmagyar 03-12-2012 11:06 AM

Looks like the Steelers will be able to sign some of those Free Agents out there.

For about .50 cents a year.

kan_t 03-12-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1002285)
They have options, no need to show the cards till you have to make deals.

I believe that's what exactly they're doing in the Wallace situation. The Steelers can match front-loaded offers from other teams if they restructure Harrison's contract.

60_MINUTES 03-12-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kan_t (Post 1002297)
I believe that's what exactly they're doing in the Wallace situation. The Steelers can match front-loaded offers from other teams if they restructure Harrison's contract.

I believe the steelers want someone to take wallace... we are famous for saying to the public what we want them to do... We say we are looking at D LINE cause we want someone to take that instead of what we really want... With our Cap and with Brown coming up next year along with sanders.. I think steelers would like the first round pick... this way we can cut Foote and and hampton and address the ILB and NT and Ol with the first 2 rounds

Steel95 03-12-2012 04:40 PM

Casey Hampton's cap # is $8M this year. He will turn 35 prior to the start of the 2012 Season too. I think that's way too high for a NT that only plays 2 downs; even playing two downs a series, it was clear how much of a step he had lost. Everybody has said the NT is the most important position in the 3-4, if that's the case, why hold onto am aging one that probably will not be ready for training camp or the season opener?