Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87665)

Lokki 03-12-2012 03:11 PM

Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Via Steelers.com

Quote:

The Pittsburgh Steelers have tendered offers to six players, including wide receiver Mike Wallace, cornerback Keenan Lewis, safety Ryan Mundy, tight end David Johnson, offensive guard Doug Legursky and offensive guard Ramon Foster, the team announced today.

By tendering the offers to the six players, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. All six players could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2012 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

MasterOfPuppets 03-12-2012 03:59 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
well it looks like that turd johnson is staying :banging:

that means arians stupid H-back system is staying... meaning no real fullback.

Steel95 03-12-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1002328)
well it looks like that turd johnson is staying :banging:

that means arians stupid H-back system is staying... meaning no real fullback.

Not really; they could be hoping that another team signs him away. I'm not sure if the Steelers can retract their offer before April 20th or not. I really don't see why they would tender him to a contract though. I'm sure it's no higher than a 5th or 6th round tender.

bac151rum 03-12-2012 04:38 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
or it could just mean that their only other TE besides Heath is facing a suspension for next year, and its not smart to go into the preseason with only one TE on the opening day roster.

MasterOfPuppets 03-12-2012 04:58 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel95 (Post 1002334)
Not really; they could be hoping that another team signs him away. I'm not sure if the Steelers can retract their offer before April 20th or not. I really don't see why they would tender him to a contract though. I'm sure it's no higher than a 5th or 6th round tender.

there are no 5th or 6th rd tenders.
there are 3 options
high - 2.7 million - 1st rd
mid - 1.9 mill - 2nd rd
low - 1.2 - right to match ( rd player was drafted)

johnson was undrafted so there would be no compensation with the low tender.
johnson is all but worthless as either a receiver or a blocker. if the steelers cut him, he'll be out of the NFL. just like carey davis , justin hartwig , sean mchugh, and all the other turds that they kept around.

Heinz Hitman 03-12-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1002337)
there are no 5th or 6th rd tenders.
there are 3 options
high - 2.7 million - 1st rd
mid - 1.9 mill - 2nd rd
low - 1.2 - right to match ( rd player was drafted)

johnson was undrafted so there would be no compensation with the low tender.
johnson is all but worthless as either a receiver or a blocker. if the steelers cut him, he'll be out of the NFL. just like carey davis , justin hartwig , sean mchugh, and all the other turds that they kept around.

Actually, we did in fact draft David Johnson. He was a 7th round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arkansas St. From what I always read about him, the reason we have kept him around is because of his blocking ability.

ETL 03-12-2012 06:15 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
we can still cut Johnson if something better comes up. Not a bad play for now

Millers the sh!t 03-12-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
I hope we don't lose legursky. Does anyone know his draft info?

FrancoLambert 03-12-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1002328)
well it looks like that turd johnson is staying :banging:

that means arians stupid H-back system is staying... meaning no real fullback.

It amazes me that with Johnson's body of work the Steelers are even considering keeping this guy. What am I missing? What does he do well? Catch? Forget it, the big drops are too easy to remember. Blocking? He whiffs taking on tacklers more than he makes good contact.
A total waste.

tanda10506 03-13-2012 12:41 AM

Re: Steelers Tender Offers to Six Restricted Free Agents
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t (Post 1002352)
I hope we don't lose legursky. Does anyone know his draft info?

He was undrafted IIRC, so there would be no compensation. Rest assured, until Pouncey's contract is up, we wont have anybody looking at our o lineman.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum