Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ryan Clark doesn't think that Mike Wallace will stay (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87675)

6RingsAndCounting 03-12-2012 06:27 PM

Ryan Clark doesn't think that Mike Wallace will stay

I just saw it on the NFL network. He said something along the lines that he is worth the first rounder and will realize how bad it will hurt the Steelers.

pittpete 03-12-2012 07:04 PM

Re: Ryan Clark doesn't think that Mike Wallace will stay

Then thats Mike's loss.

tony hipchest 03-12-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittpete (Post 1002362)
Then thats Mike's loss.

what exactly is he losing? the greatest fanbase on earth?

sorry, but $25 mil guaranteed sounds a hell of alot better than 2.7.

Whodis 03-12-2012 07:49 PM

I hope we keep him, but you can't sellout the franchise for him. If they lose him he'll be missed, but
it will sting less because of the other receivers we do have.

Sean95m 03-12-2012 08:17 PM

I think it's win win no matter what happens, if we keep him we have the best WR core in the league, if we lose him we get a stud on the O and D line in the first round and still are strong at WR.

tanda10506 03-13-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1002365)
what exactly is he losing?

Depends whats more important to him, bottom dollar or winning championships. If he wants to go somewhere else for an extra $1 million and retire without a ring than I would agree that's his loss. Im sure some disagree and think bottom dollar is everything, and I am sure there's plenty of players that think that way too.

Curtain_of_Steel 03-13-2012 09:02 AM

He can get 25mill guarrantteed, just has to be a bit more crafty with the way the steelers need to structure it.

Kingmagyar 03-13-2012 09:40 AM

I saw that. Clark is like telling GMs they would be stupid to not take Mike Wallace for a #1. Instead of downplaying Wallace to keep him he hypes him up and tries to get him gone. Not that any GMs are listening to what Clark has to say.

With all those WRs out there in free agency. GMs will use common sense and save their #1 pick and get somebody else. The 2nd half of Wallace's season will scare them off. San Francisco signs Randy Moss instead of giving up a #1 for Wallace. The Patriots will probably sign Brandon Lloyd. The Bengals will be the bungles anyway and never think to do it. The Ravens can't afford to do it. So that leaves one crazy team out there, Chicago. They just could be desperate enough to do it and give us #19.

kan_t 03-13-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingmagyar (Post 1002429)
With all those WRs out there in free agency. GMs will use common sense and save their #1 pick and get somebody else. The 2nd half of Wallace's season will scare them off. San Francisco signs Randy Moss instead of giving up a #1 for Wallace. The Patriots will probably sign Brandon Lloyd. The Bengals will be the bungles anyway and never think to do it. The Ravens can't afford to do it. So that leaves one crazy team out there, Chicago. They just could be desperate enough to do it and give us #19.

The cap punishment to the Redskins also helps the Steelers a lot. The Steelers not only get $1.6m additional cap space. That punishment also limits the Redskins to go after V.Jackson. Now Jackson is available again which will hurt Wallace's market.

Danny136200 03-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1002365)
what exactly is he losing? the greatest fanbase on earth?

sorry, but $25 mil guaranteed sounds a hell of alot better than 2.7.

what he said. It will be great if he stays and I will be happy, but the Steelers will be fine if he does leave.