Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   For the Guys (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8773)

lamberts-lost-tooth 07-16-2006 01:00 PM

For the Guys

All right guys...we all know that you would get BIG KARMA points at the homestead if you would do those abstract things around the house like vacuum and laundry...But..for most of you..probably not going to happen...so...for the bachelors and the husbands who would like to treat that special lady that lights up your day...(night)....her ya go

Cook one box of instant stuffing...(Follow the direction!!..do not imrpovise or get distracted!!)

When complete,,, add two cans of cream of mushroom soup to the stuffing and stir.

Take 6 butterfly porkchops...(these are for someone special..don't look for the bargain)
and lay them in a backing dish..(side by side)..cut shallow slices into the top face of each chop...Pour the stuffing mixture over the chops and bake at 350 degrees for one hour..(ONE HOUR..again..dont get distracted.)

When completed, serve with vegetable (not potato unless you want to hear the "starch" lecture) and salad...(Hint: Since you are going to have a salad..pick a vegetable other than something green..like corn..to add color to the plate)

VERY SIMPLE and very good taste...She WILL think you worked hard on it. The seasoning cooks itself into the meat.

Mosca 07-22-2006 01:38 PM

Re: For the Guys

Now THAT sounds like dinner at my house this year, thanks!

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth 07-22-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca
Now THAT sounds like dinner at my house this year, thanks!

Tom

Let me know how they like it.

MattsMe 07-22-2006 06:20 PM

I've made this before, once with pork chops and once with chicken breasts. Both were quite tasty.

Lyn 07-22-2006 06:29 PM

LOL I have made this a zillion times for a quick something. It is awesome!!~

Cape Cod Steel Head 07-30-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
All right guys...we all know that you would get BIG KARMA points at the homestead if you would do those abstract things around the house like vacuum and laundry...But..for most of you..probably not going to happen...so...for the bachelors and the husbands who would like to treat that special lady that lights up your day...(night)....her ya go

Cook one box of instant stuffing...(Follow the direction!!..do not imrpovise or get distracted!!)

When complete,,, add two cans of cream of mushroom soup to the stuffing and stir.

Take 6 butterfly porkchops...(these are for someone special..don't look for the bargain)
and lay them in a backing dish..(side by side)..cut shallow slices into the top face of each chop...Pour the stuffing mixture over the chops and bake at 350 degrees for one hour..(ONE HOUR..again..dont get distracted.)

When completed, serve with vegetable (not potato unless you want to hear the "starch" lecture) and salad...(Hint: Since you are going to have a salad..pick a vegetable other than something green..like corn..to add color to the plate)

VERY SIMPLE and very good taste...She WILL think you worked hard on it. The seasoning cooks itself into the meat.

How exactly does one bake something?:bouncy:

lamberts-lost-tooth 07-31-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
How exactly does one bake something?:bouncy:

Strangest thing..you remember that big white thing that you hid dishes in while in college?... that thing actually gets hot and will cook food!! Who would have thunk it!

Mosca 08-26-2006 03:53 PM

OK, I liked this.

Here are a some variations that come out pretty good.

1) Use chicken breasts, Stove Top Stuffing for chicken, and Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup.

2) As above, but use the recipe for 6 servings of Minute Premium Instant Rice, including water. You could also use regular rice; I didn't try it, but it should work. And you could mix in some broccoli.

3) Use chicken and scalloped potatoes, or instant potatoes. Mix in some broccoli (both frozen and fresh work fine).

The pork should work well with the rice, but not so well with the scalloped potatoes. I didn't try either. My wife likes chicken but is indifferent to pork other then bbq'd ribs.

Tom