Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Casey Hampton restructures contract (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87743)

Ricco Suavez 03-15-2012 10:58 AM

Casey Hampton restructures contract

Reports that this has happened and saved Steelers 3.09 million in cap space. Good news. Or maybe not?

Millers the sh!t 03-15-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Casey Hampton restructures contract

I was hoping they saved 8 million instead of 3

tunes4life 03-15-2012 11:30 AM

Not - I was hoping he would get cut. He looked lazy out there last year. Coaches must think he has some left in the tank. Oh well.

Busforever 03-15-2012 11:40 AM

He accepted a paycut. That's what you can call sacrifice, team first mentality. Call it as you want, but this is the only player so far who really gave something to the team. Most restructurations mean the player takes ALL the money now, in signing bonus. Hampton just gave 3 millions. He REALLY wants to make the team in 2012.

pete74 03-15-2012 11:43 AM

i cant belive how many people want to cut Hampton. he is all we have. Mcledon is not a space eater and teams will run right thru him. i wanted to draft a NT last 2 years to prep them and almost everyone here told me it was a wast because we had Hampton.

Curtain_of_Steel 03-15-2012 11:43 AM

Couldn't cut him as he is hurt at this point. The savings we yielded is slightlylower than if we cut his fat ass. So as long as he can contribute while a new NT is drafted and groomed for a year, its probably a good thing. But we dont want him lurking around hurt like smith did for 2 years and kill our cap space

TRH 03-15-2012 01:16 PM

I don't think he had a choice, did he?
He doesn't restructure....we cut him. I think it was as simple as that.

kan_t 03-15-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busforever (Post 1002810)
He accepted a paycut. That's what you can call sacrifice, team first mentality. Call it as you want, but this is the only player so far who really gave something to the team. Most restructurations mean the player takes ALL the money now, in signing bonus. Hampton just gave 3 millions. He REALLY wants to make the team in 2012.

The Steelers probably told him that he would get cut if he doesn't accept a pay cut.

truesteelerfan 03-15-2012 02:20 PM

He needed to do this IMO in order to have a chance to stay on our team...or any team for that matter. If we cut him, unlikely he'd be picked up with his knee in the shape it is.

steeltheone 03-15-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 1002812)
i cant belive how many people want to cut Hampton. he is all we have. Mcledon is not a space eater and teams will run right thru him. i wanted to draft a NT last 2 years to prep them and almost everyone here told me it was a wast because we had Hampton.

There was no drop in play at all last year when McClendon was in....