Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tebow to Steelers? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87816)

finesward 03-19-2012 05:56 PM

Tebow to Steelers?

First off... :sofunny::chuckle::flap::rofl::toofunny:

With that said, just thought I might as well be the one who brings this up now that Denver will be releasing thy blessed #15.

Personally, I would rather have Jamarcus Russel on the roster then that doucheturd. Hell I'd rather have Brady Quinn being our #2. The list goes on. I hope nobody picks him up so he can end his career and start his own church somewhere.

ShutDown24 03-19-2012 05:58 PM

Re: Tebow to Steelers?

:banging:

Bayz101 03-19-2012 06:00 PM

:banging: :monkey:

StainlessStill 03-19-2012 06:05 PM

My stomach just dropped in my shitpants with anger.:banging::mad::banging::doh:

Curtain_of_Steel 03-19-2012 06:25 PM

Well I can honestly say I would rather NOT have Russell on the roster period. Tebow has no value to us, he will go to a Florida team. Either the Fins or Jags. It doesn;t matter, he cuaght lightening in a bottle this past year, I dont think history will repeat. Unfortunately as he is a good guy, just wish a little less publically thankful. If God is listening, he doesn;t need you on the podium to hear you better than if you say it privately.

PhantomJB93 03-19-2012 06:31 PM

If he came at the right price, why not? Obviously one of these teams is going to trade a lot more than we can afford for him so it won't happen. But hypothetically, if we could get him for like a 4th round pick, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'd even give up Mendy for him considering he'll be in a contract year, probably won't be resigned, and won't even play to start the season. Considering our backup QB situation right now, and the fact that Ben probably won't be able to play as late into his career as most QBs, it's not really all that outrageous an idea.

Honestly I've always felt a lot of the Tebow hate was uncalled for. People knew going into the draft he wasn't meant to be a day 1 starter and had a lot of stuff to work on. But the dude has all the upside in the world, and in the right situation (IE not starting him for at least the next two years and just having him learn), he could still be great. I think if he ends up in Jacksonville or Miami, his career is doomed, but if he ends up in New England where he can study under Belicheat and Brady he could turn into something special.

Anybody who still says he will never make it in the NFL obviously paid no attention to him shred our beloved Steelers apart a few months ago. Say all you want about our secondary or our injuries, but I will tell you right now the throws he made that day were the throws of a legitimate NFL quarterback. He just hasn't been able to do that consistently.

Bayz101 03-19-2012 06:40 PM

Listen, I don't care for J. Russel, but i'd take Tebow in a heartbeat as a back up over him, lol.

Steel_Bus_24 03-19-2012 06:40 PM

http://gifsoup.com/view3/1244612/wol...-bitches-o.gif

Curtain_of_Steel 03-19-2012 06:45 PM

4th rd pick? I would not give a 7th. Steelers can draft pretty dam good. I rather take a QB later in the round to sit under Ben. I dont need the distraction and if you think Bens gives out Oline problems, Tebow would killthem before the Def would kill Tebow, lol

tanda10506 03-19-2012 06:45 PM

As FB? lol