Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mock draft w/ Wallace gone (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87870)

cbrunn 03-21-2012 01:16 AM

Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
these are just some players i was researching and think they would be good fit...just wondering some others opinions... I'm no expert and don't pay attention to much to college football...i used a lot of mock drafts to kind of find players values ...but anyway here we go ... and i don't think CB is as big as a need as others think ... with curtis brown and cortez allen from last year

so somebody in the later first round targeting wallace ... maybe Denver or new England??

24th ... mike adams OT OSU
31st ... TRADE ... Dallas loves ronell lewis so with them knowing we will take him we strike a deal to get a extra second and 3rd... or the Jets could be interested with the same deal
2nd round(from dallas or jets trade) ... Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa Stat
2nd round ... Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
3rd round ( from dallas or jets trade) ... Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio
3rd round .... Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
4th round ... Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State
5th round ... Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

i also like phillip thomas a S from syracuse not really sure of his draft value but maybe worth a 6 or 7 shot ... and maybe a tall WR with one of these last 2 picks ...

maybe package some kind of picks next year for another 4th round pick for Akiem Hicks, NT, Canada ... i think he'll be a beast in a couple of years

also could get brandon washington in the second and brooks in the 3rd but that would give us 4 OL with the first 4 picks ... i don't think CB is as big as a need but with the extra picks give us some luxury...and with that take what could be the next ike taylor in bently ...with cortez allen and dwight bentley being the CB of the future and probably move curtis brown to the FS position

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-21-2012 01:38 AM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
I like the effort, but swap out Mike Adams for Donta Hightower and its a decent start. Adams could be the next Chris Williams and you have us picking 3 O linemen, which is a bit excessive.

I like the Osemele and Brooks picks as I think one is a RT and the other OG, but both could play guard. Another Cajun on the team in Bentley and if we can address NT with Chapman its looking good too.

cbrunn 03-21-2012 01:50 AM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
yeah i like hightower but with teams passing wayyyy more now a days them big linebackers is maybe more of a thing in the passed ...so was thinking maybe he would be a liability in pass coverage over the years ...and i like bradham to be the ILB if Sylvester can't be that

so i took mike adams because lets think are really only line we have is pouncey ...and with gilbert being a second round last year ... our line for the future 10 yr's looks like LT, Adams, OG, Osemele C, Pouncey, OG, Brooks, RT, Gilbert ...use legursky as the backup guard and center ... that just was my thinking going into it but yeah maybe your right somebody different then adams in 1st round ...but i like 2 guards especially with our new OC that will want to run the a little more

Kingmagyar 03-21-2012 08:25 AM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
If we lose Wallace are depth chart would be

Antonio Brown
Emanuel Sanders

Not a bad plan though to trade out of the first for an extra pick. If picking early 2nd round though would much prefer Kevin Zeitler who is much better in space and could play LG to Osemele playing on the right side. 2 corners is not needed however. 2 WRs for sure. If you could get Lamaar Miller RB in the 2nd?

bac151rum 03-21-2012 08:38 AM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
The good, the bad, and the ugly:
Round 1- Mike Adams- C- - just am not really high on the guy. Very inconsistant, looks amazing one week (the Senior Bowl), barely passable the rest of the time.
My choice- Dante Hightower. He's not perfect right now, but no draftee is.

Round 2A- Osemele- A-/B+- don't know if Zietler would be available here, but should be one of the two.

Round 2B- Bentley- C - Don't know much of anything about the guy, but we drafted Allen and Brown last year, and think they are the future of our cb's. What we don't have is a future for our Safetys
My Choice- Harrison Smith, SS. Would be able to sit and learn for a year, get some playing time when either of our safetys inevitably get injured.

Round 3A- Brooks- A- - Love the guy, think that he has the size and strength and quickness to start this year.

Round 3B- Chapman- A- - love the guy, think he can be our nose tackle of the future, getting some playing time this year.

Round 4- Bradham- B - The way your draft plays out Bradham is a great pick here, but don't think he can fill in like we'll need him to this year. Hence, the Hightower pick in the first round.
My Pick- Brian Quick- WR- replaces Wallace. 6' 4", red zone threat, not blazing speed, but good hands.

Round 5- Omar Boldin- A+- I know I said we didn't need a CB, but Boldin has the potential to play at first round level. Would be a steal here because of his injury.

Honestly, If the draft played out like you have it, with the exception of Hightower for Adams, I would be pretty happy.

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-21-2012 10:34 AM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrunn (Post 1003733)
yeah i like hightower but with teams passing wayyyy more now a days them big linebackers is maybe more of a thing in the passed ...so was thinking maybe he would be a liability in pass coverage over the years ...and i like bradham to be the ILB if Sylvester can't be that

so i took mike adams because lets think are really only line we have is pouncey ...and with gilbert being a second round last year ... our line for the future 10 yr's looks like LT, Adams, OG, Osemele C, Pouncey, OG, Brooks, RT, Gilbert ...use legursky as the backup guard and center ... that just was my thinking going into it but yeah maybe your right somebody different then adams in 1st round ...but i like 2 guards especially with our new OC that will want to run the a little more

I'm not opposed to your thought on Hightower. I think he shows he can drop in zone fine and has the straight line speed, but not the change of direction to play man. I'm actually a fan of James Michael Johnson from Nevada as an atheltic ILB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Adams just has too many red flags for me. He was suspended, but obviously never hit the weight room. He gets lazy in his technique a lot and gets beat in pass protection, then also is not a great run blocker. Look up Chris Williams who was a top 10 draft pick of the Bears from Vanderbilt 4 years ago.......scares me how similar they are as prospects.

cbrunn 03-21-2012 12:37 PM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
of course this one probably won't happen but i think it would be nice ... wallace stays it just doesn't seem like anybody is that interested in him ...

24th... TRADE with Detroit they can move back up and get hightower and we get an extra 4th since there a late pick... so we get there 2nd 3rd and 4th ...lol maybe that's to steep but it's just for fun

2nd detroit pick ... Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State
2nd round .... Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana
3rd detroit pick ... Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio
3rd round ... TRADE colts know we will take chapman here ... so we get there 4th 5th ...
4th colts pick ... Akiem Hicks, NT, Canada
4th detroit pick ... Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State
4th round ...Reuben Randle , WR, LSU
5th colts pick ... Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
5th round ... Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

bac151rum 03-21-2012 01:58 PM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrunn (Post 1003774)
of course this one probably won't happen but i think it would be nice ... wallace stays it just doesn't seem like anybody is that interested in him ...

24th... TRADE with Detroit they can move back up and get hightower and we get an extra 4th since there a late pick... so we get there 2nd 3rd and 4th ...lol maybe that's to steep but it's just for fun

2nd detroit pick ... Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State
2nd round .... Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana
3rd detroit pick ... Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio
3rd round ... TRADE colts know we will take chapman here ... so we get there 4th 5th ...
4th colts pick ... Akiem Hicks, NT, Canada
4th detroit pick ... Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State
4th round ...Reuben Randle , WR, LSU
5th colts pick ... Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
5th round ... Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

Actually, Detroits 2nd, 3rd, and 4th isn't steep enough. According to the trade value charts, thats only about 560 points, whereas #24 is worth 740 points. Theyd probably have to throw in next years #2 also.
And I'd be shocked, shocked i say, if any of the last 4 picks you have are available that late in the 4th/5th round.

19ward86 03-21-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
if we draft mike adams im gonna slap someone

cbrunn 03-21-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bac151rum (Post 1003805)
Actually, Detroits 2nd, 3rd, and 4th isn't steep enough. According to the trade value charts, thats only about 560 points, whereas #24 is worth 740 points. Theyd probably have to throw in next years #2 also.
And I'd be shocked, shocked i say, if any of the last 4 picks you have are available that late in the 4th/5th round.


i just used waltersports 5 round mock ...and i'm pretty sure all them guys were available when i picked unless i missed someone ... of course that's going by what them guys think


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum