Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Official draft prospects visit Pittsburgh thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88046)

tony hipchest 03-27-2012 01:11 PM

Official draft prospects visit Pittsburgh thread

with pro days winding down, college prospects will now be called to different teams for visits and interviews. All teams are allowed a maximum of 30 (unless players schools are already in area- PITT players dont count for steelers etc.)

lets keep track of and discuss them here-

the1st 3 as reported by ed bouchette are-

Three draft prospects, besides those from Pitt, have made official visits to the Steelers: Ohio State OT Mike Adams, Florida International WR T.Y. Hilton and Cincinnati DL Derek Wolfe.

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-27-2012 04:48 PM

Re: Official draft prospects visit Pittsburgh thread

Interesting....T.Y. Hilton is a good WR, but more in what Sanders and Brown are. Smaller slot receiver who can return kicks and is good RAC yardage guy. Not sure why we need another player like that.

Derek Wolfe had a solid year, impressive Senior Bowl and combine for a guy that fits perfectly as a 3-4 DE. 6'5", around 300lbs and long arms. Kind of Keisel type player and build. Would like to add him for depth, but not sure if he is a 3rd round guy or maybe earlier.

Adams scares the hell out of me. Boom or bust IMO. All the size, but inconsistent in his technique and I think he only put up 11 reps at 225lbs, which says he was lazy about training while suspended from Ohio St. Looks like Tarzan, but often plays like Jane. Hope they get an understanding on the motivation or lack of for this kid.

19ward86 03-27-2012 11:38 PM

I hope someone takes Mike Adams quick so we dont. He reminds me of Gosder Cherillous from a few years ago who was high on the Steelers board but he cant even stay healthy or out of trouble to this day.

El-Gonzo Jackson 03-28-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19ward86 (Post 1004606)
I hope someone takes Mike Adams quick so we dont. He reminds me of Gosder Cherillous from a few years ago who was high on the Steelers board but he cant even stay healthy or out of trouble to this day.

Adams actually has better feet than Cherilus, but I hope your wish comes true too.

Osemele is like Cherilus I think. A big nasty run blocker with good enough feet, long arms that can play RT.

mesaSteeler 04-10-2012 07:43 AM

Steelers visits thus far

NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.
Monday, April 09, 2012
Steelers visits thus far
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Here's a list of players who have visited the Steelers thus far. Obviously, the team has 30 total players it can bring in, so this list is incomplete at this point. But there are still more than two weeks remaining before the draft.

Some of the visits will be to check on medical status, such as receiver T.Y. Hilton. Some will be smokescreens - in my opinion Mike Adams falls into this category. Others still will be players in which the Steelers have actual interest, such as Isaiah Pead.

Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams
Ole Miss offensive tackle Bobby Massie
Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks
Colorado receiver Toney Clemons
Alabama linebacker Jerrell Harris
Regina defensive tackle Akiem Hicks
Cincinnati defensive end Derek Wolfe
Virginia defensive end Cam Johnson
West Virginia cornerback Keith Tandy
Florida International receiver T.Y. Hilton
Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead
Stanford long snapper Zach Nolan

tony hipchest 04-12-2012 10:42 AM

Steelers Digest ‏ @SteelersDigest
Visiting today are Alabama ILB Dont'a Hightower, Oregon RB LaMichael James, Oregon TE David Paulson, Midwestern St. G Amini Silatolu

also believed that Alabama Courtney Upshaw was in for a visit-

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ourtney-upshaw

ricardisimo 04-12-2012 10:59 AM

Locals are exempt from the 30-player limit, but what exactly constitutes a "local"? Is it basically just Pitt Panthers?

MDSteel15 04-12-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 1005902)
Locals are exempt from the 30-player limit, but what exactly constitutes a "local"? Is it basically just Pitt Panthers?

WVU, Penn State, Pitt, etc.... anything within I believe 2-3 hours travel time

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-12-2012 07:58 PM

So Bobbie Massie, Brandon Brooks, Mike Adams, Amini Silatolu have come for a visit. Any chance we see Zeitler and Osemele also?? That would make me feel good that we have looked at some good O linemen to add on draft day.

Kingmagyar 04-12-2012 08:20 PM

Steelers also bringing in the fast Running Backs like Isaiah Pead, and LaMichael James.

Also I like they brought in small school guys like Silatolu and Brooks to get a closer look.

No Nose Tackles yet however. I thought Jerel Worthy was coming to town.

Nick Perry is curious as we would have to make him our first round pick. Is Harrison that close to the end and no hope with Chris Carter and Jason Worilds? So far 3 visits have been big outside linebacker types.
(Perry, Cam Johnson, and Olivier Vernon)

Also 2 DE prospects, 2 TEs, only 1 Corner so far, and no safeties, but it is early.

Hope maybe they take a look at KR/WR Chris Rainey, OT Mitchell Schwartz, NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, FB/HB Emil Igwenagu, DT/NT Brandon Thompson, DT/NT Jerel Worthy, WR Greg Childs, CB/FS Brandon Hardin, and WR Elvis Akpa.