Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   you be the GM (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88196)

cbrunn 04-04-2012 07:45 AM

you be the GM

somebody controlling every team here how round 1 played out ...

First Round:

1. Indianapolis - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford
2. Washington - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
3. Minnesota - Matt Kalil - OT - USC
4. Cleveland - Trent Richardson - HB - Alabama
5. Tampa Bay - Morris Claiborne - CB - LSU
6. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma St.
7. Jacksonville - Melvin Ingram - DE - South Carolina
8. Miami - Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M
9. Carolina - Quentin Coples - DE - North Carolina
10. Buffalo - Michael Floyd -WR - Notre Dame
11. Kansas City - David DeCastro - G - Stanford
12. Seattle - Riley Reiff - OT - Iowa
13. Arizona - Cordy Glenn - OG - Georgia
14. Dallas- Dontari Poe - DT - Memphis *
15. Philadelphia - Fletcher Cox - DT - Mississippi St. *
16. New York Jets - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama
17. Cincinnati - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama
18. San Diego- Nick Perry - DE - USC
19. Chicago - Kelechi Osemele - G - Iowa St.
20. Tennessee- Whitney Mercilus - DE - Illinois
21. Cincinnati - Mark Barron - S - Alabama
22. Cleveland - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford
23. Detroit - Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama
24. New York Giants - Luke Kuechly - LB - Boston College (from trade)
25. Denver - Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor
26. Houston -Michael Brockers - DT - LSU
27. New England -Devon Still - DT - Penn. St.
28. Green Bay - Ronnell Lewis - LB - Oklahoma
29. Baltimore - Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin
30. San Fran - Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford *
31. New England - Dont'a Hightower - LB - Alabama
32. Pittsburgh - Kevin Zeitler - G - Wisconsin

steelers own the giants 3rd round pick ... yes maybe i could of got the giants 2nd ...or at least like an extra 5th ... the draft calculator was pretty even i think i lost like 2% on the trade ...

lol before you kill me for passing up on Kuechly ,i really went in wanting Coby Fleener as yall should know , figured i'd be able to get him at the 31st with getting an extra pick ...but that didn't happen ...

anyway second round i'm targeting ...brandon brooks or bobby massie ... as i like bobby massie cause he could play RT...but i know the steelers are high on brooks so i'll probably take him if available

bac151rum 04-04-2012 10:49 AM

Re: you be the GM

Not fond of the trade. If both Keuchly and Hightower are off the board, I don't mind the trade, but can't risk losing both of the best players at a postition of need. Saw this same trade on another mock, and it was NYG's 1st, 3rd and 4th (750 points to our 740 points). Might do it for 1st and 3rd and 3rd next year. But having a shot at both Keuchly and Hightower? don't do it.

cbrunn 04-04-2012 10:55 AM

i don't think ILB is as much as a need as guard really at all ... i don't think ILB is that much of a need at all actually ...

i want to see what we have in sylvester before i start making it out to be the be all end all of wholes in our D ...

and yeah i probably could of got another pick ... and if it was for real ... i would of definitely tried their second first ...then went on to other picks untill they accepted... but i was just trying to keep the draft moving

cbrunn 04-07-2012 08:37 AM

need some help ... i got Zeitler and bobbie massie in the first 2 ... my first of the 3rd i got greg childs (criner was taken) ....who should i target with my second in the 3rd? ... Silatolu and brooks are still left ... so is Jerel worthy , kendall reyes, josh chapman, mike martin, alameda Ta'mau (derek wolfe is gone) ... right now my pick is in and it's robert turbin , but do you think i should switch it to one of them gaurds or even worthy who is boarder line first round talent?

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-07-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrunn (Post 1005400)
need some help ... i got Zeitler and bobbie massie in the first 2 ... my first of the 3rd i got greg childs (criner was taken) ....who should i target with my second in the 3rd? ... Silatolu and brooks are still left ... so is Jerel worthy , kendall reyes, josh chapman, mike martin, alameda Ta'mau (derek wolfe is gone) ... right now my pick is in and it's robert turbin , but do you think i should switch it to one of them gaurds or even worthy who is boarder line first round talent?

I would look for our NT, like Ta'amu or Chapman in the 3rd. If you own the Giants 3rd, then I would also look for James Michael Johnson-LB from Nevada. Then if WR, I would see if Devier Posey from Ohio ST is around.

cbrunn 04-07-2012 09:19 AM

yeah thinking of switching it to Ta'amu ... i think chapman would be prefect but coming off injury i would avoid him ... i don't think worthy really fits our D ... maybe i'll switch to Ta'amu

Edit: ... think i'm going to go with chapman ...even if he has to sit out like Hampton and get healthy ... that one game he didn't play in and they other team rushed for over 300 yards ... we can wait for him to get healthy if he makes that much of a difference on a great Alabama D

bac151rum 04-07-2012 10:25 AM

This is my problem with not getting Keuchly or Hightower in the first. We trade down (granted, I like the extra third down pick) and what are we faced with in the second round? Good tackles and guards. Starting quality. The third round? Good tackles and guards. Starting quality.
Now we have to scrape for an ILB. I can pretty much guarentee that the difference between Keuchly/Hightower and whatever ILBs we can draft in the 3rd/4th round is a lot bigger than Zietler and whatever guards we can draft in the 2nd/3rd round.
Yes, Sylvester would start the season at ILB. But he's unproven, and the good thing about Hightower is his ability to play any of the linebacker positions, or DE. Harrison isnt getting any younger.
And as far as where you are in your draft, I think Chapman is the best option.

cbrunn 04-07-2012 10:38 AM

Didn't we draft how many OLB these past couple years ... Chris Carter last season as being the last to try to replace that pass rushing edge ... Either what you guys are saying is you don't trust Colbert as much as you make it out to be ... or that eventually with taking like 2 OLB a year finally were bound to hit one ... i don't like that approach ... either one of them OLB has to step up ... or we stop wasting picks on them ....

Now i do think there that much of a difference in guards after Zietler, that's just my opinion though ... and that is are most glaring need ...top of the line Guard and then Tackle will help get back to that "ground and pound" you guys so desperately want ...

"and he has plenty of ability. Zeitler added a significant amount of lean mass in his college career and used it well. According NFL Draft Report statistics, he led college football with 142 knockdown blocks and had 33 blocks that resulted in touchdowns"

"According to statistics by The Draft Report, Massie had 102 knockdown blocks last year, tops among tackles in the tough SEC. In his last 29 games Massie blocked for 14 different individual 100-yard rushing games, including two over 200."

Now that's a right side of the line i don't mind running behind for years to come ... Goal line problems wala Fixed because you actually got linemen you can run behind and trust to get push

and i can see Keuchly but not Hightower ...we'd be spending a first round pick on basically a replacement of Harrison ... i do not see Hightower playing ILB he cannot cover good enough... ala at alabama them moving him around on 3rd down just so he can rush the passer ... and with teams now passing more and more on 1st and 2nd down i just don't want to have that liability in the middle ... and i would like to think Colbert can actually scout and have a good OLB in waiting ...

and i love Marcus Dowtin ILb from north alabama ... every thing im reading talking about first round talent but like 5th round pick... and has the speed to cover TE and RB ...

just my 2 sense

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-07-2012 08:30 PM

I'd take Massie in the 1st, then look at a NT(Chapman or Ta'Amu) and if you traded for the Giants 3rd round pick..........Brandon Washington and James Michael Johnson in the 3rd.

OT, NT, OG, ILB all taken care of!!!

cbrunn 04-10-2012 10:02 AM

So i ended up taking Bruce Irvin ...and then flipped him to the dolphins for their 4th , 5th, and 7th ... and i got Chapman with the dolphins 4th round pick ....

i think that was a solid move