Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   LB thought (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88271)

CENTRALPA007 04-09-2012 10:04 AM

LB thought
 
I like Sylvester and think he can be a nice player inside, but would this stop us from taking Hightower. What are your thoughts of those two inside and Timmons moving outside once Harrison is done?

GMU Steeler 04-09-2012 10:41 AM

Re: LB thought
 
If they feel Hightower is BPA, they will take him. I like Slyvester but I don't know if he's a starter. And when Harrison leaves, I think it would be Hightower being the one to move outside more likely than Timmons. Hightower's who I want with the pick. Just seems like the best fit for our team.

bac151rum 04-09-2012 12:37 PM

Re: LB thought
 
Steelers will pick BPA, most likely at a position of need. Too many people think we'll take this person or that person, because we need a (insert position here). Too many people have us taking a 2nd round guard, or 2nd round corner, or 2nd round RB, when yes, they might be nice, but in the second round. Find the article here or on one of the other boards about how the Steelers set their draft board, and it will give you a better idea of how they do it and who they are likely to pick.

cbrunn 04-09-2012 01:23 PM

Re: LB thought
 
if it's a 1-2 round guard grade like Zeitler ... that won't be available in the 2nd when we pick ... then it might be a reach , but it's a reasonable reach ... and unlike others i think there is a dropoff after Zeitler at the guard position ... which is the biggest need on the team

PhantomJB93 04-09-2012 04:39 PM

Re: LB thought
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 1005540)
If they feel Hightower is BPA, they will take him. I like Slyvester but I don't know if he's a starter. And when Harrison leaves, I think it would be Hightower being the one to move outside more likely than Timmons. Hightower's who I want with the pick. Just seems like the best fit for our team.

I never thought either ILB would be switching when Harrison leaves. That's what we drafted Worilds for :noidea:

Timmons ha splayed outside in place of Harrison in the past because we knew it would only be for a couple games. I don't think the plan was ever to start converting him or another ILB to full time OLB.

GMU Steeler 04-09-2012 10:31 PM

Re: LB thought
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 1005582)
I never thought either ILB would be switching when Harrison leaves. That's what we drafted Worilds for :noidea:

Timmons ha splayed outside in place of Harrison in the past because we knew it would only be for a couple games. I don't think the plan was ever to start converting him or another ILB to full time OLB.

Yeah Worilds is the one who will. I was just saying that hypothetically if we had Hightower and Timmons at ILB, I'd think that Hightower would be the more likely to switch outside.

CENTRALPA007 04-10-2012 07:46 AM

Re: LB thought
 
The following draft puts a new twist on our draft and I must say I would not mind at all if it happned this way.


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ock-draft-4912

Kingmagyar 04-10-2012 08:17 AM

Re: LB thought
 
I don't see Sylvester stopping the Steelers from adding a Hightower to the team. He's not even close in comparison with Hightower an absolute beast who blows people up when he hits them. Sylvester very well could play the pass better however.

Timmons has shown he can not be an effective OLB in a 3-4.

I don't believe Hightower possesses the pass rushing skills to be an effective OLB either.

My feeling on why Sylvester can not be the starter is last year in the preseason he did nothing when on the field. A guy in his second year should show some kind of flash that he is a player and he did not against very weak players who weren't even going to make an nfl team.

Dalarin 04-10-2012 09:02 AM

Re: LB thought
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CENTRALPA007 (Post 1005632)
The following draft puts a new twist on our draft and I must say I would not mind at all if it happned this way.


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ock-draft-4912

I really like the draft to but that trade is so unlikely. I really like Brandon Washington and dont believe he will fall that low either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum