Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Steelers could really have some options with #1 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88409)

Kingmagyar 04-14-2012 07:28 AM

Steelers could really have some options with #1

I was really shocked watching the NFL network last night as Charley Casserly, Charles Davis, and Michael Lombardi all mentioned how Cordy Glenn, and even Jonathan Martin are ranked as 2nd round picks. Charles Davis said a respected executive said that Jonathan Martin would be the most overdrafted player ever if he gets picked in the 1st round.

All seemed to like Mike Adams better then both of them. All opinions mind you but the Steelers could be looking at several choices with the #1 like

Donta Hightower
Mike Adams
Cordy Glenn
Jonathan Martin
Jerel Worthy

not to mention outside of the box picks like a CB, TE, or even a pass rushing OLB like Shea McClellin.

Casserly still predicted however the Steelers would take Jonathan Martin if he were there.

Another option would be the trade down.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 04-14-2012 12:16 PM

Re: Steelers could really have some options with #1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingmagyar (Post 1006107)
I was really shocked watching the NFL network last night as Charley Casserly, Charles Davis, and Michael Lombardi all mentioned how Cordy Glenn, and even Jonathan Martin are ranked as 2nd round picks. Charles Davis said a respected executive said that Jonathan Martin would be the most overdrafted player ever if he gets picked in the 1st round.

All seemed to like Mike Adams better then both of them. All opinions mind you but the Steelers could be looking at several choices with the #1 like

Donta Hightower
Mike Adams
Cordy Glenn
Jonathan Martin
Jerel Worthy

not to mention outside of the box picks like a CB, TE, or even a pass rushing OLB like Shea McClellin.

Casserly still predicted however the Steelers would take Jonathan Martin if he were there.

Another option would be the trade down.

I would do backflips if we landed Jonathan Martin

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-16-2012 09:25 AM

Re: Steelers could really have some options with #1

Yeah, the fact is there should be a good football player there when we draft at #24. If Martin slides to #24, then I hope Casserly is right and we take him. He has all the tools and can be a great LT for us long term.

So many guys could be there that could help us like on that list. I would even think Bobbie Massie could go that high as well.