Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bengals? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88454)

MMFan23 04-16-2012 07:57 PM

Bengals?

Are the bengals the best team in the afc north?

I found an article here (http://nachmanyfootball.com/2012/04/...ture-afc-north) and it makes a pretty strong argument. Both we and the Ravens had a bad offseason, maybe they're right. Check out the article to see what he's saying.

what do you guys think?

Deserei90 04-16-2012 10:54 PM

Re: Bengals?

I still don't see where we're having a bad off season, besides the issue with Wallace. The person who wrote this article is missing a few points. Losing Farrior, Hoke and Ward is not going to hurt us. If anything, it's helping us get younger and better. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers remain on top of the AFC north like always. Yeah call me bias or whatever, but The Bengals are a team that is improving drastically, don't get me wrong, but not a team that looks to knock a veteran team like the steelers down so quickly. It's not all about what great talents you sign, it's more about how you use them. Apparently, not to many learned about the Eagles last year. On paper the Bengals are looking good, let's see if they can keep it that way. The Ravens on the other hand, Well Joe Flacco, Enough said:chuckle:

Fire Arians 04-16-2012 11:00 PM

bengals will have a better season than baltimore. andy dalton is the real deal, it will be a 3 team race for the north title.

tony hipchest 04-17-2012 12:30 AM

i havent read it.

with that being said, i think its garbage.

the bengals suck.

TRH 04-17-2012 01:06 AM

i don't think we had a bad off-season either. Those departures were mainly retirements who weren't going to help the cause much anyway.
The only issue we've had is the Wallace "drama", but i wouldn't call that a "bad" offseason. Plus, we've got a new OC that is creating buzz and excitement. And we never dip deeply into the FA market. I don't get the writers point.
The Ravens had a worse off-season than we did....they lost a few key players to free agency and now have some glaring gaps on the OL and an aging defense to boot. Not to mention publicly unhappy players in Ray Rice and Ed Reed, and Flacco is looking for a high paid, multi-year deal. They seem to be in a much worse spot than we are.

Fire Arians 04-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1006343)
i havent read it.

with that being said, i think its garbage.

the bengals suck.

they're a team on the rise and finally found their franchise qb. we can't take them for granted anymore.

Curtain_of_Steel 04-19-2012 02:14 PM

They are a team on the rise?lol.. At one point the USa economy had no place to go but up too, lol

They can't be the best, Flacco says he is the best. He reitterated he didnt need the rest of his team either to be the best. So there!

Fire Arians 04-19-2012 02:26 PM

They have a good defense and finally seemed to have found their franchise qb, who has dangerous weapons. yeah i hate the bengals too, but not recognizing them as a potential threat is just not wise

tanda10506 04-23-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1006790)
They have a good defense and finally seemed to have found their franchise qb, who has dangerous weapons. yeah i hate the bengals too, but not recognizing them as a potential threat is just not wise

I agree. I don't see them as a big threat like the Pats or Ratbirds, but they are getting better. I don't see us losing to them this year, but they are capable of beating you if your not at the top of your game. That said, best in the AFC North, not by a LONG LONG LONG shot.

MDSteel15 04-23-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1006786)
They are a team on the rise?lol.. At one point the USa economy had no place to go but up too, lol

They can't be the best, Flacco says he is the best. He reitterated he didnt need the rest of his team either to be the best. So there!

At this point it is almost in that same position! :banging: