Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steeler Baby names (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88609)

kgknoop 04-20-2012 12:55 PM

Steeler Baby names

I am new to this forum, i am sure this has been discussed before, if so, go ahead and link to any previous discussion.

Looking for baby names inspired by past and/or present Steeler players or coaches. I am trying to think of names beyond, Terry, Lynn, Mel, etc. that are more common, and looking for something a little more unique, such as Tomlin, Bettis, Hines.

I welcome any ideas or suggestions. Boy or girl names.

MasterOfPuppets 04-20-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Steeler Baby names

gay
thigpen

StainlessStill 04-20-2012 02:25 PM

I have a girlfriend of 6 years and we're starting to get to that point where we're thinking about starting our own family the next couple years. We decided that "Troy Robert" was going to be a name for our boy if we do indeed have one (Robert is the name of my passed away Granfather and it runs in the family.)

I just like that name TROY to begin with, then I thought of Polamalu and I liked it even MORE, lmao. When we tell people that, their first reaction is "Like Troy Polamalu? FIGURES!" lmao but my girlfriend steps in and says "We just like that name to begin with!":tt04:

As for a unique name, how about Dawson? (Recent H.O.F'er.) Or even Art. Abram was Bettis's middle name. You can do things like that as well.

GMU Steeler 04-20-2012 02:46 PM

Rooney maybe. A lot of you already know this but Rooney Mara the actress is Dan's granddaughter.

55BaileyFan 04-20-2012 02:46 PM

My son is almost two; his name is Christopher Hines

After Chris Fuamatu-ma'afala and Hines Ward.

truesteelerfan 04-20-2012 02:55 PM

Not from a former Steeler - but I might have my wife convinced to name a future boy child "Steele". Same first name as current Iowa State QB - and obviously I'm doing it cause it happens to be pretty close to our fav Pitt team!

StainlessStill 04-20-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 1006925)
Rooney maybe. A lot of you already know this but Rooney Mara the actress is Dan's granddaughter.

Rooney is my dogs name. A Wheaten Terrior. When I get a second dog, we'll probably name him Chief, lmao:helmet:

BengalDestroyer 04-20-2012 03:31 PM

I wanted to name our newborn Fletcher Blitz, but we settled for Fletcher Thomas. I love the name Fletcher so there was no getting around that one, but she wouldn't do Blitz.... I was bummed but her late Fathers name was Thomas so not a bad compromise...

GMU Steeler 04-20-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1006928)
Rooney is my dogs name. A Wheaten Terrior. When I get a second dog, we'll probably name him Chief, lmao:helmet:

I like Chief for a dog. Good idea.