Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88748)

ETL 04-26-2012 08:26 PM

ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
The NFL, NFL Network and ESPN got together to try to keep suspense in the draft and not show guys on the phone before a pick is announced or have the announcers tell us who the team is drafting before Goodell announces the pick.

This pact lasted about 10 picks. Chris "fat-f**k" Berman is acting as if he's some draft expert "predicting" who the draft is going to be. Hey you fat-f**k! - You are just noticing which player just got a phone call before Goodell goes up to the podium.

Now Adam "ego-head" Schefter and Craig "I look like a retard" Mortensen are trying to get in the act and trying to look like experts by "predicting" the pick. This is an exercise in utter stupidity. These egomaniacs are trying to look intelligent but are ruining it for all of us watching it on TV.

They just can't help themselves. They simply cannot help themselves. Their egos have an appetite so big that they are willing to throw the enjoyment of the fans under the bus.

I hope they all have heart attacks on live TV.

lambertlunaticfan 04-27-2012 02:11 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
Thanks,i thought i was the only one that thought this way.I f-n hate chris "im a star cause i interview them" berman.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 1007585)
The NFL, NFL Network and ESPN got together to try to keep suspense in the draft and not show guys on the phone before a pick is announced or have the announcers tell us who the team is drafting before Goodell announces the pick.

This pact lasted about 10 picks. Chris "fat-f**k" Berman is acting as if he's some draft expert "predicting" who the draft is going to be. Hey you fat-f**k! - You are just noticing which player just got a phone call before Goodell goes up to the podium.

Now Adam "ego-head" Schefter and Craig "I look like a retard" Mortensen are trying to get in the act and trying to look like experts by "predicting" the pick. This is an exercise in utter stupidity. These egomaniacs are trying to look intelligent but are ruining it for all of us watching it on TV.

They just can't help themselves. They simply cannot help themselves. Their egos have an appetite so big that they are willing to throw the enjoyment of the fans under the bus.

I hope they all have heart attacks on live TV.


TRH 04-27-2012 08:28 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
The things i did like :
-with the new player/owners agreement, the picks went really quickly and was very enjoyable. Previous drafts were almost unbearable and unwatchable...it was too dragged out and boring. This year was great.

The things i DID NOT like:
-what was mentioned above in other posts
-the "fake" and "acted out" long and extended hug between the drafted player and Goodell. What happened to a handshake or a quick hug??

ETL 04-27-2012 08:37 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1007945)
The things i did like :
-with the new player/owners agreement, the picks went really quickly and was very enjoyable. Previous drafts were almost unbearable and unwatchable...it was too dragged out and boring. This year was great.

The things i DID NOT like:
-what was mentioned above in other posts
-the "fake" and "acted out" long and extended hug between the drafted player and Goodell. What happened to a handshake or a quick hug??

i can't blame the players for the hug. they are so happy they would hug anything at that point ... Goodell...Rosie o'donnell ... a tree.

its Goodell using these players to try to pimp up his rep.

TRH 04-27-2012 08:47 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 1007950)
i can't blame the players for the hug. they are so happy they would hug anything at that point ... Goodell...Rosie o'donnell ... a tree.

its Goodell using these players to try to pimp up his rep.


Every hug was long and extended and seemed "fake" after the 1st few.

tony hipchest 04-27-2012 11:40 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
i typically love the TV coverage of the draft and am usually torn because both ESPN and NFL network both have aspects that i like, so i flip back and forth.

with that being said, the best coverage last night was adam schein, tim ryan (former player), pat kirwan (former coach, director of player personell, gm) and gil brandt (HOF calibur GM and contributor) on sirius radio.

while the likes of schefter have excellent "sources", gil and pat are former insiders who have legitimate friends and associates all over the NFL who tell them plenty off the record. they use this insider info to distribute some of the most knowledgable, and trustworthy insight an analysis out there.

for instance pat kirwan revealed he recently had dinner with a steeler insider (i suspect it was his CBS co-worker bill cowher in town to cover the draft, or possibly even kevin colbert or even both) and revealed that the steelers absolutely loved dontari poe. "LOVED HIM".

the sirius team also has the best interviews with the players right after being selected. schein, who admitted he was a critic, told dontari poe to address his lack of production on tape. poe matter of factly stated that what he put on film was exactly what his coaches asked him to do (basically insinuating that the memphis coaches under used his talents and that he couldve done more).

great stuff.

Stu Pidasso 04-27-2012 11:44 AM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
There was only three things I liked about the first round of the draft:

#3: All of the announcers telling Colt McCoy he's frakked now that the Clowns wasted a pick on a 28 yr. old QB.

#2: Our draft choice of DeCastro.

And the #1 thing I loved: EVERY time GODdell came onstage, he got thoroughly booed and heckled. WHAT??!? :)

Curtain_of_Steel 04-27-2012 12:16 PM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
The kids are appreciative for having the opportunity to become a millionaire. No matter how you look at it, he is at the top or as big as a douche bag we all think Goodell is, he is still at the top there.

If it wasnt for the nfl, where would they be? Most failed turn on and off a light in there college courses.

Hypocycloid 04-27-2012 02:43 PM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
In a fantasy world, I would love to see James Harrison have to walk across that stage!:mad:

Curtain_of_Steel 04-27-2012 03:35 PM

Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF
 
How about Gruden, who loves EVERYONE and who thinks EVERYONE is a great player, and how EVERYONE will be in the HofF, lol

The dude has to not like everyone, lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum