Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vontaze Burfict (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=88817)

Fire Arians 04-27-2012 09:00 PM

Vontaze Burfict

should we use a 7th round comp pick on him? :chuckle:

tony hipchest 04-27-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Vontaze Burfict

:buttkick:

Mistah_Q 04-27-2012 09:03 PM

Yes. We have a need at ILB and we have four picks in the seventh rounder. If he's there when we pick our first seventh rounder, you absolutely take a flier on him. If we can get his head straight, it's a grand slam. If we can't... it's a seventh rounder.

steeltheone 04-27-2012 09:10 PM

Well we took Adams in round 2....I cant see them chancing it twice

ETL 04-27-2012 10:40 PM

he ran a 5.09 at the 40 in the combine

I say let's pick a punter with that pick or even a long snapper

Hawaii 5-0 04-27-2012 10:52 PM

Vontaze Burfict does not seem like the kind of guy that would be on the Steelers draft board, but then neither did Mike Adams.

FrancoLambert 04-28-2012 03:44 PM

Is Burfict worth a 7th round pick?

After the combine I wanted no part of this head case.
But, if Tomlin could convince him that his dream of playing football for millions may be slipping away......that all he has to do is reasonably control himself and follow the rules......we could possibly have the presence at ILB that is so "Steeler."
Lots of good wishes here but it is a seventh round pick.....and the possible upside?

Hawaii 5-0 04-28-2012 03:53 PM

Re: Is Burfict worth a 7th round pick?

I understand what you are saying about the risk/reward relationship but I seriously doubt Burfict is even on the Steelers draft board, personally, I wouldn't even waste a 7th round draft choice on him as there are still a lot of other very good players available.

lipps83 04-28-2012 03:58 PM

I would, what else are you going to get with a 7th round pick that will probably wind up cut anyway?

The guy is a 1st round talent with apparently the worst composure of all prospects.

He reminds me of that linebacker from a few years ago, Willie Williams. Could have been a star but he was one that just couldn't keep his focus in the right places.

PhantomJB93 04-28-2012 04:24 PM

To me, he'd be worth the risk. But if Adams was really TOTALLY off our boards before his whole apology/counseling thing, I also seriously doubt Burfict is even a remote possibility. I doubt he's reached out to the Steelers and apologized the way Adams did.