Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers, Mike Wallace continue to make progress on new deal (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=89883)

Justin Otstott 07-19-2012 03:31 PM

Steelers, Mike Wallace continue to make progress on new deal

I thought this was worth it's own thread...

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Mi...La_Canfora.jpg

The time to sign players tendered a franchise tag has come and gone, but the pink elephant that is Mike Wallace still remains in the Steelers living room, with Wallace potentially holding out of camp, unhappy with his $2.72 million tender.

CBSSports.com's NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports Thursday that the parties are in "close contact" and that the two sides continue to make progress on a new deal.

"The sides have remained in close contact and continued their dialogue and are expected to maintain a steady pace with the start of training camp looming," La Canfora reports. "There has been some movement and though no deal is imminent and work remains to be done, the situation has certainly improved since early this offseason. Both sides are motivated to complete a long-term contract."

Read More: NFL.COM

Thoughts? :tt02:

Bayz101 07-19-2012 03:37 PM

Re: Steelers, Mike Wallace continue to make progress on new deal

Yep. Certainly seems worthy of it's own to me, as this contract situation may be coming to a close!

Justin Otstott 07-19-2012 03:44 PM

Agreed, I didn't think it would happen but now! I'm pumped for this season.

Bayz101 07-19-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Otstott (Post 1018614)
Agreed, I didn't think it would happen but now! I'm pumped for this season.

Now with Jonathon Scott gone, we've freed up 2.2 million. That makes a deal even more likely to happen.

pancake 07-19-2012 04:03 PM

This is good news!!! :applaudit:

Fire Arians 07-19-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1018619)
Now with Jonathon Scott gone, we've freed up 2.2 million. That makes a deal even more likely to happen.

yep. 9 mil of space to work with to get wallace signed, i think it could be a done deal now. hope they get it done before camp :thumbsup:

Justin Otstott 07-19-2012 05:55 PM

I'm thinking by Monday or mid next week...

OX1947 07-19-2012 06:15 PM

Seriously, no one runs a sports team like bosses better then the Steelers. Maybe the Lakers but the Steelers might be the baddest ones of all. Pretty much told Mike Wallace, hey brah, you need to wait your turn and chilax. Finally, he submitted and now the deal is close. BOSS!

Vis 07-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1018656)
Seriously, no one runs a sports team like bosses better then the Steelers. Maybe the Lakers but the Steelers might be the baddest ones of all. Pretty much told Mike Wallace, hey brah, you need to wait your turn and chilax. Finally, he submitted and now the deal is close. BOSS!

If these reports are right. It's not like we have tweets fron Rooney

Bayz101 07-19-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1018656)

This really is the best Front-Office in football, and the mere fact that we're almost ALWAYS in the playoff hunt as a football team, makes you proud, does it not? I'm just proud to be a fan of the team that NO ONE wants to play in the playoff's, and now i'm proud to be a fan of a team with an excellent front office. I don't need a Mike Wallace contract to label this FO as one of the best. The draft did that for me.