Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any truth to this?!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=90383)

California-Steel 08-14-2012 11:28 AM

Any truth to this?!!

I heard that Mike Wallace is going to report to camp soon!!!! Anyone heard this news?

Wallace108 08-14-2012 11:31 AM

Re: Any truth to this?!!

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Mike Wallace's holdout could be coming to an end shortly.

Wallace, the Steelers' leading receiver, is expected to report to the team before the regular season begins, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. This doesn't guarantee that Wallace will be catching passes in Week 1 -- Schefter prefaced this with "he always could change his mind" -- but this is the first indication that Wallace is not planning to extend his holdout into the regular season.

Wallace, who has yet to sign his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender, only needs to be on the roster for six weeks to be eligible for unrestricted free agency next season. So, there was always a chance he could repeat what Vincent Jackson did in 2010 and sit out the first 10 games of the regular season.

ESPN's John Clayton predicted Wallace will return to the Steelers before the start of the regular season in his weekly mailbag because Wallace will lose $159,000 each week in salary.

According to Clayton, the Steelers are offering a five-year contract worth more than $50 million. Wallace wants around $11.5 million per year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...medium=twitter

GoFor7 08-14-2012 11:32 AM

Nah..... not like we have a Mike Wallace thread or anything.... :chuckle:

Polamalu43Defense! 08-14-2012 11:36 AM

Basically, that's exactly why I got on the forums today for the first time since last season!!! Awesome news and perfect timing if true. Don't wanna sound like a fantasy fb troll but this could be the deciding factor on whether to make my league draft this Sunday night or next Sunday night or not seeing as I'm the commish. I had Wallace last year and well, obviously it's a win win to draft Steelers in fantasy!!! More importantly the deep threat is there with Wallace... I like Antonio Brown but it's better to have 2 good wide receivers than one!

teegre 08-14-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1022362)
Nah..... not like we have a Mike Wallace thread or anything.... :chuckle:

Wait... are you suggesting that we look at the last page of the most recent Mike Wallace thread??? Whatever, hippie.

GoFor7 08-14-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1022370)
Wait... are you suggesting that we look at the last page of the most recent Mike Wallace thread??? Whatever, hippie.

Posting unnecessary threads is harmful to the environment. Shame on you. Now excuse me while I go drive my truck around for no apparent reason.

67 calsteel 08-14-2012 01:00 PM

if true great news

El-Gonzo Jackson 08-14-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace108 (Post 1022361)
ESPN's John Clayton predicted Wallace will return to the Steelers before the start of the regular season in his weekly mailbag because Wallace will lose $159,000 each week in salary.

]

This is what Marshall Faulk said too. Faulk said he was down in New Orleans and saw Wallace working out hard and expected him to be back for opening day. He just is doing what he has to do to try and make his case for a new contract.

Expect to see him on opening day. Not sure if he will start that game though.

pancake 08-14-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 1022379)
This is what Marshall Faulk said too. Faulk said he was down in New Orleans and saw Wallace working out hard and expected him to be back for opening day. He just is doing what he has to do to try and make his case for a new contract.

Expect to see him on opening day. Not sure if he will start that game though.

If he wants to make more than 2.7 mil this year, then he needs to get his butt in sooner so they start up contract talks. FO won't talk during the regular season.

My prediction is next Monday or Tuesday, which is after the Sunday game.

El-Gonzo Jackson 08-14-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancake (Post 1022382)
If he wants to make more than 2.7 mil this year, then he needs to get his butt in sooner so they start up contract talks. FO won't talk during the regular season.

My prediction is next Monday or Tuesday, which is after the Sunday game.

He knows he needs to sign the tender. DeSean Jackson knows from experience there is no win and said so. Wallace plays this year and can get franchised next year, so better to come in, practice and work out a new long term deal or sandbag this year and get franchised the following.

I dont blame him for wanting a new deal. He is 1 acl injury away from being Rashaun Woods, so he wants some longer term security.