Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ok, what's the deal with 'Shard's injury? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=90437)

PwNsAWcE 08-16-2012 07:50 AM

Ok, what's the deal with 'Shard's injury?

I get that the dude's coming off of an exploded knee, but how's the rehab going? When's he gonna be back? About Week 5 maybe?

Sharkissle29 08-16-2012 09:14 AM

Re: Ok, what's the deal with 'Shard's injury?

I heard his rehab has gone well. But i bet he starts the season on the PUP and may be active by Week 6.

You never want to rush something like that...

El-Gonzo Jackson 08-16-2012 10:41 AM

They always say it takes about a year to get all the way back from an ACL injury. He may not have all his explosiveness when he gets back, but still may be better than a few of the backs we have on the roster currently. Week 6 is a good estimate.

Bayz101 08-16-2012 05:31 PM

My true opinion? I think if he's not back by week five, his roster sport may be occupied by someone else even if he's healthy.

Hawaii 5-0 08-16-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1022748)
My true opinion? I think if he's not back by week five
, his roster sport may be occupied by someone else even if he's healthy.

assuming that Mendy starts off the season on the PUP list, that means he must then sit out the first six games of the season.

Steelersfan87 08-16-2012 07:51 PM

Right. And that's at least. He could technically take up to 12 weeks before the team has to make a decision on him (put him on the roster and release somebody else, put him on IR, or cut him). As long as he's able to go, however, I don't see him not getting a spot back. I would think the person he would most likely replace is Dwyer, but it might be Batch instead because the latter definitely has practice squad eligibility. I don't know about Dwyer...I'm thinking no.

Bayz101 08-16-2012 10:53 PM

That's what I meant, my bad.

Hawaii 5-0 08-17-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodens Grav (Post 1022760)
Right. And that's at least. He could technically take up to 12 weeks before the team has to make a decision on him (put him on the roster and release somebody else, put him on IR, or cut him). As long as he's able to go, however, I don't see him not getting a spot back. I would think the person he would most likely replace is Dwyer, but it might be Batch instead because the latter definitely has practice squad eligibility. I don't know about Dwyer...I'm thinking no.

according to Dale Lolley all of the RBs except for Redman have PS eligibility:

posted by Dale Lolley

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012

RB (5)
Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Baron Batch, Chris Rainey, Will Johnson - I wouldn't be surprised to see a veteran added here after other teams start cutting guys loose. All of the backs except Redman have practice squad eligibility. Rashard Mendenhall goes on the PUP.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Steelersfan87 08-17-2012 02:46 AM

Wow, I've read that before and I still missed that part. Thanks for pointing it out. That then furthers my belief that Dwyer is the most likely to be bumped when Mendenhall is able to return.

ricardisimo 08-17-2012 04:27 AM

Anyone who thinks Rashard will not be in uniform and playing at year's end hasn't been reading our injury reports. A running back with experience is far too precious a commodity to let go.