Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   McAllister deal. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=912)

JerseySTEEL 06-13-2005 02:20 AM

McAllister deal.

AP reports Saints running back Deuce McAllister said he hopes to have contract negotiations completed before training camp opens July 29. If not, the two-time Pro Bowler plans to cut the negotiations off until after the regular season. McAllister is entering the final year of the four-year contract he signed as a rookie in 2001. He is scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.3 million this season. Saints officials are negotiating with McAllister's agent, Ben Dogra, on a long-term contract extension. In the past couple of weeks, the sides have exchanged proposals on seven- and eight-year deals. "We'll get it done," McAllister said. "My main focus is on the season right now. I'll leave the contract up to my agent." McAllister is expected to command a deal similar to the eight-year, $50.5 million contract RB Clinton Portis received from Washington in 2004. That deal included $13 million guaranteed in the first year.

one i have got to say is i love to see players forget about the money and just play the game, bc like ward hes not worried about the contract now, its the season hes thinking about now.

BlitzburghRockCity 06-14-2005 02:39 AM

Re: McAllister deal.

Why in the hell would he wanna stay w/ the aints? I give him credit for being loyal to his team, for sure! But man, the saints are going nowhere fast!

Prosdo 06-14-2005 05:54 AM

It's beyond me. Loyality is a great thing, but the Saints are not in exactly doing decent.

RoethlisBURGHer 06-14-2005 02:13 PM

There is loyalty then there is blindness...I think McAllister is blind.

clevestinks 06-14-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
There is loyalty then there is blindness...I think McAllister is blind.

Couldn`t agree more. Maybe he forgot to cut holes in his paper bag

RoethlisBURGHer 06-14-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Couldn`t agree more. Maybe he forgot to cut holes in his paper bag

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

That was good.

I could see him staying with them through loyalty if they were like his favorite team (like probally most of us would stay with the Steelers even if they sucked).

BlitzburghRockCity 06-14-2005 11:20 PM

I know money talks.. but bullshiat walks, and that's pretty much what the saints Front office is...